Have you seen anyone in public with a nexus one?

This is a discussion on Have you seen anyone in public with a nexus one? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; No one I know even understands the concept of the android....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36

Thread: Have you seen anyone in public with a nexus one?

  1. #11
    jah
    jah is offline
    Senior Member jah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    201
    No one I know even understands the concept of the android.

  2. #12
    Junior Member physast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3
    I have seen two people with a nexus one (besides myself). I didn't expect to see that many, but it's kind of nice to see I am not the only one who forked out a crap load of money for a phone.

  3. #13
    Junior Member darkfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    13
    It's no accident that this phone isn't mainstream. It's also no accident that Google only sold 20,000 units in the first week. If you do some research and take some time to think about it, this is, perhaps, the most carefully planned and executed marketing strategy in the history of the mobile industry.

  4. #14
    Member phunds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by darkfire View Post
    It's no accident that this phone isn't mainstream. It's also no accident that Google only sold 20,000 units in the first week. If you do some research and take some time to think about it, this is, perhaps, the most carefully planned and executed marketing strategy in the history of the mobile industry.
    Interesting... explain.
    -Phunds
    :nexusx: Nexus One owner since: January 11th, 2010
    :nexusx: Rooted! Android 2.2 FROYO CM6.1 RC

    phundsblog.blogspot.com | twitter.com/phunds | facebook.com/phunds

  5. #15
    Junior Member Bamboozler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    22
    I got the phone on Friday 15 Jan and when I went to my kids' home catechism the next day ... 2 other fathers had it!

  6. #16
    Senior Member NeonMonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    713
    Quote Originally Posted by phunds View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by darkfire View Post
    It's no accident that this phone isn't mainstream. It's also no accident that Google only sold 20,000 units in the first week. If you do some research and take some time to think about it, this is, perhaps, the most carefully planned and executed marketing strategy in the history of the mobile industry.
    Interesting... explain.
    There are quite a few reasons. In lots of ways, we are the beta testers for Google. They did absolutely no marketing.. while they had every means to do MASSIVE advertising and marketing if they were to release a 1st generation device that had many problems, it could be really bad for them.

    Also being their first mobile device, having to deal with 200x the customers would have been disaster. Its already kinda rough with there being hardly any customer service.

    I almost forgot to write about the topic! -_-;; but I have not seen anyone with a Nexus yet. But I know 2 people who bought them recently. I also have had 1 person actually ask me if it was a Nexus One. He said he was using a G1 and hated it. He looked jealous of how fast the phone was.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera


  7. #17
    Member misticjeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    30
    Remember...

    Opinions, Corvettes and iPhones are just like belly buttons...

    Everyone has one.



    I've seen one other and that is my buddy's. He bought his about 7 days after me.

  8. #18
    Guy
    Guy is offline
    Member Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    82
    I have yet see one, but I attribute that to me being in high school. I have encountered people who have asked if it was the Nexus One and if they could play with it though.
    Follow me at @Burlyskink
    Want a Lockerz invite? PM me

  9. #19
    Senior Member ezeddiekun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    776
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    I have yet see one, but I attribute that to me being in high school. I have encountered people who have asked if it was the Nexus One and if they could play with it though.
    God I hate that. People always get smudges on my screen. Dirty ass fingers!

  10. #20
    Guy
    Guy is offline
    Member Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    I have yet see one, but I attribute that to me being in high school. I have encountered people who have asked if it was the Nexus One and if they could play with it though.
    God I hate that. People always get smudges on my screen. Dirty ass fingers!
    Haha yea, I normally carry a nice cloth in my backpack that I make them use to clean their fingers. They think I am weird, but that doesn't matter as long as my N1 stays clean.
    Follow me at @Burlyskink
    Want a Lockerz invite? PM me

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Android Forum