N1 not using all of it's power?

This is a discussion on N1 not using all of it's power? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I have been reading some blogs on the net that talk about the N1 (or any smartphone sporting the Snapdragon) isn't using it's full capabilities. ...

Thread: N1 not using all of it's power?

N1 not using all of it's power?

I have been reading some blogs on the net that talk about the N1 (or any smartphone sporting the Snapdragon) isn't using it's full capabilities. Anyone feel that there phone is under performing? And if what there saying is true, are there any settings in the phone to get the full power of the processor?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by tylawdaboss View Post
    I have been reading some blogs on the net that talk about the N1 (or any smartphone sporting the Snapdragon) isn't using it's full capabilities. Anyone feel that there phone is under performing? And if what there saying is true, are there any settings in the phone to get the full power of the processor?
    have you ever seen your computer use 100% of it's CPU all the time or for a long period of time?

it gets hot with the fan running at full speed and it uses a lot of power, if you are looking for apps/games that get benefitted from the snapdragon cpu just wait for them, the nexus one is fast enough as it is compared to other androids and that can be easily distinguished on how is unnecessary to kill background tasks often.
    I switched from Symbian to Android on January 6 2010...

...then I sold my N1 to get the AT&T version but I'll wait for a qwerty solution from google or better with AT&T band support and got the Nokia E75...

lol

Quote Originally Posted by giodelgado View Post
    have you ever seen your computer use 100% of it's CPU all the time or for a long period of time?
    He isn't talking about CPU usage he is talking about the clock speed.

And to the OP snapdragon is design to clock depending on its workload so it isn't constantly running at 1GHZ it downclocks when it is not needed to save battery life.

I think the CPU OC utilities for android will exploit this so the CPU doesn't down clock, but im not 100%. Also not sure if they even work with nexus at the moment and you will need root access..
    But at the same time if it does work, don't expect good battery life.

On another note about power/performance ... the nexus has 512 ram. Not even half we have to wait for the next update from Google this should improve all around performance.
    Its not all about RAW CPU speed. Running out of ram resources significantly decreases the all around performance.

Also not sure if this will happen in the next update but it will happen eventually. Its already working with custom ROMS
    but we can expect to be able to install programs on your microsd card instead of on the device itself again freeing up even more resources and improving all around performance

So yea N1 isn't really running at its full potential yet. We have allot of goodies to look forward to.

I also heard we dont have all 512megs of ram.

Quote Originally Posted by sotorious View Post
    I also heard we dont have all 512megs of ram.
    You do, but a software update is needed to access the second half....

there's actually a way to overclock it, i'll edit this pot when i get home and add a link to it
    M_Woody's wallpaper pack.

I am a freelance/self-employed graphics designer, please take a look at my website www.m-woody.co.nr

200th post - 6th April, 2010.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

its called setcpu and it does work with nexus.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fURtND5PRE[/ame]

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links