Does N1 has a power management feature that prevents overcharging it's battery?

This is a discussion on Does N1 has a power management feature that prevents overcharging it's battery? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Does N1 has a power management feature that prevents overcharging it's battery? Is there an official documentation on this feature?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Does N1 has a power management feature that prevents overcharging it's battery?

  1. #1
    Junior Member spikes_nexusone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3

    Does N1 has a power management feature that prevents overcharging it's battery?

    Does N1 has a power management feature that prevents overcharging it's battery? Is there an official documentation on this feature?

  2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

  3. #2
    Member 640k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    32
    actually it's a combination of efforts between the charger and the device itself. that's why it's best to generally stick with OEM chargers.

  4. #3
    jah
    jah is offline
    Senior Member jah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by 640k View Post
    actually it's a combination of efforts between the charger and the device itself. that's why it's best to generally stick with OEM chargers.
    Wha? Cite, please.

  5. #4
    Member 640k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by jah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 640k View Post
    actually it's a combination of efforts between the charger and the device itself. that's why it's best to generally stick with OEM chargers.
    Wha? Cite, please.
    modern chargers include the IC chip that switches the power supply into a standby mode, preventing the battery from being over charged. the "2-way" communication between the battery and teh charger, let the charger know when to make the switch.

    this is quite common these days and both the N1 and DROID use this technology.

  6. #5
    Junior Member chronnotrigg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by 640k View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 640k View Post
    actually it's a combination of efforts between the charger and the device itself. that's why it's best to generally stick with OEM chargers.
    Wha? Cite, please.
    modern chargers include the IC chip that switches the power supply into a standby mode, preventing the battery from being over charged. the "2-way" communication between the battery and teh charger, let the charger know when to make the switch.

    this is quite common these days and both the N1 and DROID use this technology.
    Is it the same general idea when charging from USB?

  7. #6
    jah
    jah is offline
    Senior Member jah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by 640k View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 640k View Post
    actually it's a combination of efforts between the charger and the device itself. that's why it's best to generally stick with OEM chargers.
    Wha? Cite, please.
    modern chargers include the IC chip that switches the power supply into a standby mode, preventing the battery from being over charged. the "2-way" communication between the battery and teh charger, let the charger know when to make the switch.

    this is quite common these days and both the N1 and DROID use this technology.
    I would've never guessed the generic-looking charger they supply had any interesting technology at all. It doesn't even look branded, I don't think.

  8. #7
    jah
    jah is offline
    Senior Member jah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by chronnotrigg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 640k View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jah View Post
    Wha? Cite, please.
    modern chargers include the IC chip that switches the power supply into a standby mode, preventing the battery from being over charged. the "2-way" communication between the battery and teh charger, let the charger know when to make the switch.

    this is quite common these days and both the N1 and DROID use this technology.
    Is it the same general idea when charging from USB?
    I'm wondering the same thing, esp since I tend to use usb chargers at home, at work, and especially in the car.

  9. #8
    Member 640k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    32
    USB from a PC typically sends about 500mAh to your device. so maybe the device is able to accomodate the slower charge, vs. the 800+ mAh from a wall charger (i think N1 was 980).

  10. #9
    jah
    jah is offline
    Senior Member jah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by 640k View Post
    USB from a PC typically sends about 500mAh to your device. so maybe the device is able to accomodate the slower charge, vs. the 800+ mAh from a wall charger (i think N1 was 980).
    What about USB from a wall outlet or cigarette lighter?

  11. #10
    Member 640k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    32
    usb from a wall outlet is the same thing as using the charger designated for the phone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. T-Mobile G2 Wallpaper Thread
    By G2 Forum User in forum HTC G2
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-03-2010, 02:51 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-17-2010, 02:05 PM
Android Forum