Need tips on battery life

This is a discussion on Need tips on battery life within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I always have the display on minimum - it's bright enough anyway. Use the settings widget so you can switch everything off you're not using. ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need tips on battery life

I always have the display on minimum - it's bright enough anyway.

Use the settings widget so you can switch everything off you're not using. It becomes second nature after a while. I never switch off 3G primarily because there's no widget for it...

Biggest for me is Cell Standby - 67%, followed by Phone idle - 32%. At the current rate of drain I'd get 2-3 days out of it. I'm told if I killed 3G I could double that but never tried it.

From various experiments (and occasionally not switching stuff off accidentally) Wifi is about 10%, Animated backgrounds about 2%, Bluetooth not measurable.

Backlight is a huge drain if it's on too much (I've seen as much as 70%). Set its timeout to as short as you can.

Also, the new update improves battery life somewhat (With cyanogen beta4+new radio+new apps I'm finding I've still got loads of battery even after iplayer streaming, playing games, etc.)

darn! mines display is 90% ahihihihi

what should I do?

mine says 70% android os??

I love the phone and use it too much to ration the usage. I am going to buy extra battery, because that's one of the perks of Nexus vs. Iphone, is we can have extra batteries!! I'd rather have it full blast in all its glory with the sharp colors and live wallpaper and switch out battery half way through the day!!

Did you guys check and see if the stock messaging app is letting your phone sleep? download spare parts and check when the last time your phone slept.
    My battery life was horrible till I downloaded handcent from the market and disable notifications from the stock messaging app.. also select a number from contacts and hit the send sms button. set the default to handcent or whatever u downloaded. restart the phone and check if your phone goes to sleep. or just see if your battery life gets better.

Downloaded both but can't find last time slept option.

open spare parts and click "running"

It says 30 min since last slept.

Smartphones always have short battery so best way to buy another battery if you can't charge it daily.

Also, there are some apps called"task killer" in the market, you might want to have a look at that, they can terminate your unusing tasks to save energy, that works perfect for me.

Things you should do:
    dim your display light
    disable wifi and gps if not used
    undervolt it
    Follow me on Twitter @xPatriick
    Feel free to buy me a beer if I helped you
    This is what I use on my Nexus One (ROM, Kernel, special Apps)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links