Need tips on battery life

This is a discussion on Need tips on battery life within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I've been using it for 3 weeks now and I have to say I am deeply disappointed in Nexus one. My biggest concerns so far ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need tips on battery life

I've been using it for 3 weeks now and I have to say I am deeply disappointed in Nexus one. My biggest concerns so far are the poor battery life and inaccurate screen keyboard. I will only comment on the battery life here.

I've tried everything: simple wallpapers, dimmed screen, gps off. all in all, if I have a busy day with 2/3 calls with customers/friends, and some web/email browsing my battery dies around 4/5pm which is a big issue because I still have a couple of hours in the office and then there is the way back home.

also, I can't see why I should sacrifice capabilities to increase battery life to an acceptable level. What good is a live wallpaper if I can't enjoy it? Or who cares if I have GPS and google maps if I have to keep turning it on and off so that my phone won't die on me right in the middle of the city. I hate carrying a car charger or double charge and carry a spare battery around, it's such a chore.

I hate Apple and all of their products, so iPhone was a "not-in-this-life-time" product for me. I waited for a good Android phone and was quite confident this was it. After three weeks, I am trying to get rid of it as soon as possible and look at other alternatives.

Maybe there's something wrong with yours. I usally have 25% left when I go to bed...

I use google map, 3G, wi-fi. Not so much calling though..

berserkgrunt, I too work 8,9,10 hours at a computer soooo, i just use the usb cable that comes with it and I am charged all doggone day

You go Boy, that is what I am talking about...what the heck are people complaining about...one guy said he works all day in the office and the phone is dead by the time he gets home...hello! it came with a USB i keep mine plugged in all day except for lunch it leaves with me LOLOLOL

Use your computer and USB that came with it...I do and I download music, check emails and all around distracting my day, but I love every minute of it...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by berserkgrunt View Post
    I've been using it for 3 weeks now and I have to say I am deeply disappointed in Nexus one. My biggest concerns so far are the poor battery life and inaccurate screen keyboard. I will only comment on the battery life here.

I've tried everything: simple wallpapers, dimmed screen, gps off. all in all, if I have a busy day with 2/3 calls with customers/friends, and some web/email browsing my battery dies around 4/5pm which is a big issue because I still have a couple of hours in the office and then there is the way back home.

also, I can't see why I should sacrifice capabilities to increase battery life to an acceptable level. What good is a live wallpaper if I can't enjoy it? Or who cares if I have GPS and google maps if I have to keep turning it on and off so that my phone won't die on me right in the middle of the city. I hate carrying a car charger or double charge and carry a spare battery around, it's such a chore.

I hate Apple and all of their products, so iPhone was a "not-in-this-life-time" product for me. I waited for a good Android phone and was quite confident this was it. After three weeks, I am trying to get rid of it as soon as possible and look at other alternatives.
    sounds like mine BEFORE doing all the tips to conserve battery life. id call htc and get another phone. or get a seido 2800 mah battery

I don't really get to sit at my desk long enough to give it a good charge (I've observed that USB charges slower). I have to check on several guys/labs, get in/out of labs and allocate boards. I have to have my phone with me all the time. I can't tell a customer I missed his call because I left my cell at my desk so I can charge it.

Besides, if I have to be connected at my desk (USB or power, it doesn't really matter that much) then I guess I could simply use my desktop. It handles downloads and browsing much better and has a 19 inch screen...

I will look into that seido battery. Thanks for all suggestions.

Beserkgrunt, I was being a little facetious: I was not suggesting tethering your phone or yourself to your computer all day...LOL..I often go to client sites, business meetings, etc. and the USB is a great little boost, especially if you are traveling home Nexusless. the USB works pretty fast...i timed it after I read a post about the USB charging faster when the stock message app is disabled. Also a car charger might be a choice for you too. I, myself will probably just buy an additional battery and stop worrying about it. Hell, I paid 576 + accessories for freedom so what is 60 going to hurt LOL

Quote Originally Posted by cbroberts2010 View Post
    berserkgrunt, I too work 8,9,10 hours at a computer soooo, i just use the usb cable that comes with it and I am charged all doggone day
    You go Boy, that is what I am talking about...what the heck are people complaining about...one guy said he works all day in the office and the phone is dead by the time he gets home...hello! it came with a USB i keep mine plugged in all day except for lunch it leaves with me LOLOLOL
    Use your computer and USB that came with it...I do and I download music, check emails and all around distracting my day, but I love every minute of it...LOL
    Yours came with a USB cable? I read your posts and re-checked my N1 box and the dock box and found no USB cable.

Care you explain?

they are all supposed to come with a usb cable. I got one

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links