calendar, contacts, and attachments question...

This is a discussion on calendar, contacts, and attachments question... within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi, I originally have the motorola droid and I'm waiting for the nexus one to be available on Verizon. My question is, on the motorola ...

Thread: calendar, contacts, and attachments question...

calendar, contacts, and attachments question...

Hi,

I originally have the motorola droid and I'm waiting for the nexus one to be available on Verizon.

My question is, on the motorola droid... if i had a lot of information in the notes field section on a contact, i couldn't scroll and read the entire notes. Only way i can read the entire notes field under contacts would be to edit it. Is this the same situation on the nexus one?

Does the nexus one have the ability to import vcs attacments to the calendar?

Does the nexus one have the ability to open/save html attachments in the mail application. I often get html attachements from vendor quoets and I couldn't open them with the motorola droid.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Angry

Hi, diginet.

I copied your entire post into the notes field of a contact so I can tell you that only the following text is visible from the contact (without editing)
    -------------------
    Hi,

I originally have the motorola droid and I'm waiting for the nexus one to be available on Verizon.

My question is, on the motorola droid... if i had a lot of information in the notes field section on a contact, i couldn't scroll and read the entire notes. Only
    ------------------------

The whole of the text is visible when in editing mode.

I sent one of my contacts to myself as a .vcf file in an email. I then opened the email (I use the built-in gmail client) and it just showed the whole .vcf file as plain text - no option to import it to contacts. Oops, just realised you wanted to import to the calendar - I can't test that because there is no option in the calendar to share a calendar event.

For your next question I saved a page as html (just the text) and emailed it myself. The built-in gmail app opened and displayed the attachment but I could not see an option to save it.

Hope some of this helps.

Hi gadgetgaz,

I thank you for testing it. I guess its the same as the motorola droid. I'm currently using an HTC Eris right now and it pretty much does all that I want with with the help of sense ui.

The issue with HTC Eris is that it is really slow. It can't keep up with me and I end up making mistakes on it.

I'm hoping that android os will incorporate these functions that makes the sense ui more appealing. I am however surprised that these basic needs are not included on the base android os since it's already at 2.1.

It blows my mind that it can't dispaly the entire notes field in the contacts, that seems pretty basic to me.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetgaz View Post
    Hi, diginet.

I copied your entire post into the notes field of a contact so I can tell you that only the following text is visible from the contact (without editing)
    -------------------
    Hi,

My question is, on the motorola droid... if i had a lot of information in the notes field section on a contact, i couldn't scroll and read the entire notes. Only
    ------------------------

The whole of the text is visible when in editing mode.

I sent one of my contacts to myself as a .vcf file in an email. I then opened the email (I use the built-in gmail client) and it just showed the whole .vcf file as plain text - no option to import it to contacts. Oops, just realised you wanted to import to the calendar - I can't test that because there is no option in the calendar to share a calendar event.

For your next question I saved a page as html (just the text) and emailed it myself. The built-in gmail app opened and displayed the attachment but I could not see an option to save it.

Hope some of this helps.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links