Nexus review and iPhone comparison.

This is a discussion on Nexus review and iPhone comparison. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Great Review!! And from a long time iPhone user, I could say.... "I share most of your opinions and views", but I really can't be ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nexus review and iPhone comparison.

Great Review!! And from a long time iPhone user, I could say.... "I share most of your opinions and views", but I really can't be as critical of the Android OS. So far, I have not experienced any bad behavior and I am very satisfied with my features and options available with the device. Big ones? Attachments in email and yes of course multitasking. God I hated closing back through apps just to reply to a text and email. After my time spent using my N1, the "one" yes the "one" thing that bothers me is the fact that it does not have a true system wide copy, cut and paste feature. I can't copy out of G Talk, Mail, Etc? Other than that.... I smile when I go to bed at night with my N1 under my pillow.....
    ..... It's my alarm clock.

My thoughts after playing with N1 for a few days:

Nexus One advantages:
    - the screen is way better (resolution, contrast, colours etc) - and a little bigger in diameter. You can heavily customize the screens (folders, shortcuts, background images or animations, widgets like weather/facebook/clocks/news etc - just like in a PC)
    - the processor is very fast (1GHz) - it is slightly faster than Iphone 3GS (people say) but waaay faster than the standard Iphone 3G that I had before.
    - the memory is micro SD, you can upgrade it / swap it (you can keep movies on a 32GB one and swap it on if you want to see a movie, and music/apps/everything else on another one)
    - the battery is removable, you can upgrade to a better one (right now it will not hold a full day..), or keep more batteries and swap them
    - it is completely unlocked, you can install anything on it, the app developers don't need Google approval to publish apps on Android Market so you can find some very interesting apps
    - quality teflon cover on the back, it won't scratch
    - camera quality is better, also it's got flash
    - very good Google apps: turn-by-turn navigation using Google maps, street view (right now, only available in USA but it will be in UK, soon -- I hope!!!), voice recognition, you can compose sms/emails using voice.
    - it's cheaper than iphone 3gs

Iphone:
    - still got a lot more apps (100k on the market, you have from where to choose)
    - OS is more "polished" and easier to use, everything has a "flow", less bugs
    - you can find a lot more accessories, being on the market for a long time

Both phones are pretty much almost on the same level(some things are better on nexus one, some are better on iphone), but until apple opens up, and until apple makes it possible to expand the memory, and until apple allows customization, they will never beat this phone. This just came out, so the answer to the so-so music player will be solved soon enough. I've never been so blown away by a phone before.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisofknives View Post
    Both phones are pretty much almost on the same level(some things are better on nexus one, some are better on iphone), but until apple opens up, and until apple makes it possible to expand the memory, and until apple allows customization, they will never beat this phone. This just came out, so the answer to the so-so music player will be solved soon enough. I've never been so blown away by a phone before.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by gregornz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisofknives View Post
    Well said.
    This is my thought exactly - When I use the N1 I see the future - When I was a kid there were lots of really neat computers you could buy - but they all contained proprietary technology and didnt play with others (Sinclair ZX spectrum being my favourite) -
    The PC killed them because it was a platform which allowed you to customize and choose what you would do (am I going to use C or Pascal to write my next App?) - The standalone, proprietary computers couldnt provide the flexibility to compete with the PC approach.

This is what Android is (and by extension the N1). It is something that gives the developer/end user/world the ability to make choices and integrate with other technologies as they emerge (skype being a good example, initially blocked by Apple).

My prediction - The Iphone is destined to be the rubiks cube of the 2000's- an nice distraction that we will all remember lovingly as we grow older, but part of history none the less

Quote Originally Posted by ray View Post
    My thoughts after playing with N1 for a few days:

Nexus One advantages:
    - the screen is way better (resolution, contrast, colours etc) - and a little bigger in diameter. You can heavily customize the screens (folders, shortcuts, background images or animations, widgets like weather/facebook/clocks/news etc - just like in a PC)
    - the processor is very fast (1GHz) - it is slightly faster than Iphone 3GS (people say) but waaay faster than the standard Iphone 3G that I had before.
    - the memory is micro SD, you can upgrade it / swap it (you can keep movies on a 32GB one and swap it on if you want to see a movie, and music/apps/everything else on another one)
    - the battery is removable, you can upgrade to a better one (right now it will not hold a full day..), or keep more batteries and swap them
    - it is completely unlocked, you can install anything on it, the app developers don't need Google approval to publish apps on Android Market so you can find some very interesting apps
    - quality teflon cover on the back, it won't scratch
    - camera quality is better, also it's got flash
    - very good Google apps: turn-by-turn navigation using Google maps, street view (right now, only available in USA but it will be in UK, soon -- I hope!!!), voice recognition, you can compose sms/emails using voice.
    - it's cheaper than iphone 3gs

Iphone:
    - still got a lot more apps (100k on the market, you have from where to choose)
    - OS is more "polished" and easier to use, everything has a "flow", less bugs
    - you can find a lot more accessories, being on the market for a long time
    i definitely agree... and we can run Swype.

If they had academy awards for writing - you'd get my vote. Beautiful job !

Best review/iPhone comparison I've read so far.
    Helps assuage the ongoing guilt felt in dumping the iPhone.
    Biggest issue: lack of effective copy-paste.

Copy and paste is no good?

Hrrmmmm.... it works fine on mine...??

Remember to try long presses and the 'more' menus everywhere

Great review but now I'm even more confused!!! I've been deliberating whether to buy the Iphone or N1. I turn 50 in April, I am a woman so I don't like having sex with women, now what do I do???

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links