Auto-brightness not very bright! (Dimmer than Droid!) Am I the only one?

This is a discussion on Auto-brightness not very bright! (Dimmer than Droid!) Am I the only one? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I have a Droid, and just got a Nexus One. When putting them side-to-side, one big difference that jumps out is that the Nexus is ...

Thread: Auto-brightness not very bright! (Dimmer than Droid!) Am I the only one?

Auto-brightness not very bright! (Dimmer than Droid!) Am I the only one?

I have a Droid, and just got a Nexus One.

When putting them side-to-side, one big difference that jumps out is that the Nexus is much dimmer, whereas my Droid is quite bright. Both have brightness set to 'auto-brightness'.

Anyone with both phones also experience the same thing?

Anyone with just the Nexus One feel that its auto-brightness is also way too dim?

I know I can just fix the brightness level, but I like the auto-brightness feature which should hopefully help save some battery power in the long run.

Hopefully someone will make an app where you can adjust the overall brightness of the screen while still maintaining auto-brightness.

btw, one more thing - The Nexus has a redder tone than the Droid, which I prefer.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    jaymcc820
    What bothers me about the auto brightness is that I'll catch my screen changing back and forth occasionally, so I just disabled mine and set the brightness slider about 25% of what it's capable of. It's still noticeably brighter than my iPhone though :D

I don't really ever use auto-brightness. I use the Power widget, and the brightness button has 3 lighting settings.

I keep it on the lowest (15%) about 90% of the time I'm using it because its good enough to see for me. But if I'm home/in bright light/wanting to see the TRUE gorgeousness of the screen, then I pump it up to full brightness.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links