Thoughts on the iPad?

This is a discussion on Thoughts on the iPad? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Everything sounds good but I predict the thing that will hold it back is the 'Form Factor'. It seems to be unwieldy in many respects....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the iPad?

shh
    Everything sounds good but I predict the thing that will hold it back is the 'Form Factor'. It seems to be unwieldy in many respects.

They could of made this product the greatest product, but for some reason they always leave the features out that concern the public the most. No mutlitasking? No Camera? Anything like a netbook? Sometimes i wonder what goes on behind the scenes, and what they are really smoking when they put together a product.

Could still get a really nice Windows 7 netbook for that price! Lack of multi-tasking is another silly Apple mistake, but I suppose most Apple users aren't capable of multi-tasking! Tee hee hee.

To be honest though, I started to fall for the hype when reading the live blogs of the press conference. However, after seeing a lot of the hands on photo's after I really started to realise what a weird device it is, just a giant ipod touch. Could have been so much better, IMO they should have concentrated on a tablet running OSx.

Exclamation

This should be moved to "off-topic". This has nothing to do with the Nexus One IMO
    M_Woody's wallpaper pack.

I am a freelance/self-employed graphics designer, please take a look at my website www.m-woody.co.nr

200th post - 6th April, 2010.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The sad thing is people will buy it because apple fan boys would do anything for some of Steve Jobs table scraps

If it had OSX I would be extremely interested.

Other tablets kick the ipad's arse around the block and back.
    Without flash, this thing compares to any e-reader on the market. (I think the kindle has more value than the ipad)

Basically a huge let down from apple.

I have read quite a bit about the iPad. My thoughts...

- Best short description I have seen so far: its a giant iPhone Touch

- No multi-tasking, although it does leave programs in the same state as when you left them. This still isnt the same as multi-tasking. For example, if you leave twitter open, read an ebook, then return to twitter, no tweets will have updated to your screen.

- A 6 inch kindle costs $249. A 10 inch Kindle costs $489. A basic iPod costs $499. Bye bye 10 inch Kindle.

- If I was in the market for an ebook reader with internet browsing, I would seriously consider an iPod.
    - Greymarch
    I write about technology, including the Nexus One at my website:
    http://www.greymarch.com

Quote Originally Posted by jdd48 View Post
    Failure on many levels:

- a giant, silly looking bezel.
    - no camera
    - inability to place phone calls
    - no Flash support
    - no USB port
    - no SD card slot
    - no multitasking
    - $130 extra just for 3G support
    - paying an extra $15 or $30 for a 3G data plan (in addition to your phone), even if contractless

I TOTALLY agree with this. The device should be a complete media package with intigrated mobile dialing.

Here is what is should have:

Camera/camcorder/webcam
    Phone
    Complete Bluetooth functionality
    Complete MS Outlook sync capability
    Email sync (POP3, IMAP, calendar, contacts, etc...)
    SMS and MMS
    GPS Navigation
    WiFi
    All the basic apps (Alarm, calculator, etc....)

A web browser is not necessary. Lets not confuse this with a computer. Its should be a mobile device that allows complete business and media functionality through applications. A USB port that launches an all access GUI would be awesome.

Also, no need for all the customization thats available through the marketplace. The device should come with a thorough but not overwhelming number of display and customization options. This would make for a stable OS.

[quote=SteveRyan;12153]
    Quote Originally Posted by jdd48 View Post
    Failure on many levels:

I TOTALLY agree with this. The device should be a complete media package with intigrated mobile dialing.
    You would look a right bell end holding that to your ear to make a call.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRyan View Post
    Lets not confuse this with a computer
    Lets not confuse it with a phone either eh?

This is hilarious... [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFNQE_TzQNI[/ame] uploaded 4 YEARS ago :D It's a good thing Google didn't create this iPad... can you imagine the slogans? "Always find the right spot with G-maps navigation!" :rofl3:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links