Thoughts on the iPad?

This is a discussion on Thoughts on the iPad? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; After watching more of the videos, I’m even more encouraged and excited about this device. After a night of reflection and seeing more reactions to ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the iPad?

After watching more of the videos, I’m even more encouraged and excited about this device.

After a night of reflection and seeing more reactions to it I am convinced most people, especially the naysayers, don’t understand what this thing is and what it was meant to be. I think most people were thinking it would be a MacBook or MacBookPro in tablet form. It’s not, nor is it supposed to be.

It’s an Internet connected, multi-media device that is focused on entertainment in multiple formats. Those who want Flash and multitasking etc… already have this in other avenues, such as the MacBook Air, Macbooks, etc… These petty complaints betray the motivations of those who seek to find only the bad in Apple’s new toy.

It’s also plainly apparent that there was a lot of built up hype over this thing that nothing Apple could have put out yesterday would have satisfied the masses. I really believe Apple needs to tighten up the leaks or stop having these events. They are creating unobtainable expectations which quickly turns into animosity when those who think they know better don’t get what they want.

Seriously…. how many companies in America, let alone the world, take such grief over innovating and bringing new product to the marketplace? Step back from this and realize this is not life and death… just a piece of electronics. Simply amazing….

In the end, I’m convinced this will be a tremendous success, despite all those who want so much to see it and Apple fail.

And another thing.... **** FLASH!! It's over-hyped, resource hogging, battery killing, bloatware.

I just do not understand. I cannot see much use for this device. I think this will one device that will be a failure.

a failure device for me.. and steve still dare to say its better than netbook...

come on man,cant multi task,cant webcam.. cant do lots stuffs that netbook can...

cant wait for hp slate to thrash this so call ipad deep deep

give the nexus one a 10 in screen and youll have a better product lol imo

Quote Originally Posted by LMControl View Post
    After watching more of the videos, I’m even more encouraged and excited about this device.

After a night of reflection and seeing more reactions to it I am convinced most people, especially the naysayers, don’t understand what this thing is and what it was meant to be. I think most people were thinking it would be a MacBook or MacBookPro in tablet form. It’s not, nor is it supposed to be.

It’s an Internet connected, multi-media device that is focused on entertainment in multiple formats. Those who want Flash and multitasking etc… already have this in other avenues, such as the MacBook Air, Macbooks, etc… These petty complaints betray the motivations of those who seek to find only the bad in Apple’s new toy.

It’s also plainly apparent that there was a lot of built up hype over this thing that nothing Apple could have put out yesterday would have satisfied the masses. I really believe Apple needs to tighten up the leaks or stop having these events. They are creating unobtainable expectations which quickly turns into animosity when those who think they know better don’t get what they want.

Seriously…. how many companies in America, let alone the world, take such grief over innovating and bringing new product to the marketplace? Step back from this and realize this is not life and death… just a piece of electronics. Simply amazing….

In the end, I’m convinced this will be a tremendous success, despite all those who want so much to see it and Apple fail.

And another thing.... **** FLASH!! It's over-hyped, resource hogging, battery killing, bloatware.
    Petty complaints? The hype isn't apples fault? Sorry but when a company touts a product as 'magical' they deserve the criticism, and we as potential customers have a duty to criticize. It's. A giant iPod touch with another blatant apple slimy deal behind it(unlocked , but requires a micro sim that only one carrier supports), that's it.

And until flash stops being popular and widely used, your point is invalid, after all it's 'magical' isn't it.

Count me as a naysayer.

giant itouch lacking a camera an mic

for anyone agreeing that this is innovative is crazy. i just found it funny when gates said "this is better than a laptop". how so? there's just too many things missing for me to actually find this product innovative. it's a freakin big itouch. as an ebook...maybe. but even that will get your eyes tired compared to e-ink types. come on fanboys..seriously. i'm a mac lover. i've got every gadget from them, but this one will not make me bust out my wallet.

if you add a camera, built in stand, multitasking, and flash. i'll be all over this.

dandroid
    I was dissappointed with the lack of features there were not included with the initial release. I feel that Apple sometimes releases just enough to get the product out the door and always leaves room for the next version. It's hard to imagine that MMS was not available on the iPhone until just a few months ago but yet the cheapest dumbest phones out on the market had the capability years ago.

I love all technology and don't pick sides. I was a windows user for many years and about 3 years ago switched over to running all macs. I like the operating system and for what I do its gets the job done. As a former iPhone user, the iPhone is impressive and certainly made an impact on the entire mobile industry. I think the tablet will eventually get there also.

I would also like to shamelessly plug our sister site: Apple iPad Forum. For those that are interested, please stop by and say Hi!

dandroid
    This has been rumored for a while, I'm sure its just a matter of time. HTC & google would make a kick a&^ tablet!

Quote Originally Posted by supsandroid View Post
    give the nexus one a 10 in screen and youll have a better product lol imo

bmo
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoatLantern View Post
    The Ipad is unlocked so you could take it to any carrier instead of at&t so it's not really locked into at&t
    It's radio will not support T-mobile 3G, CDMA is not supported so no Verizon, and on top of all that it uses a microSim card (or something like that) that is not used by ANYONE else.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links