Thoughts on the iPad?

This is a discussion on Thoughts on the iPad? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I'm rather underwhelmed, but that was bound to happen because it so the most overhyped product int he history of earth. Micro Simm is lame. ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the iPad?

Thoughts on the iPad?

I'm rather underwhelmed, but that was bound to happen because it so the most overhyped product int he history of earth.

Micro Simm is lame. I thought I'd be able to swap a T-Mobile simm from the Nexus to the iPad to dabble in both worlds (I need to for work).

There's serious lines being drawn in mobile devices though -- It's time for Google and Amazon to get into bed together and make the mobile media expereince on Android platforms awesome (both playing and purchasing/organizing media. blow iTunes out of the water -- another overhyped product, btw.) The Kindle is kind of dead in the water with the iPad on the market now. The Nook too. If Amazon won't play ball then go to B&N. Although Amazon is such a better base of diverse products. :\

Google needs to embrace freedom further to beat Apple and Jobs' oppressive control in 2 key ways:
    + Create an unlocked 'world' version of the nexus (gsm & cdma) so anyone can take their phone anywhere for any provider.

+ Google needs to step up and really run with open standards to bring in more developers and more devices. Stop dragging feet on releasing sdks. Give hjs to folks like Cyanogen modding their software and tools to make it better. Build up customer service and support forums THAT GET RESULTS. Right now getting support in their forums is hit and miss.
    :nexusx: A new hope. :nexusx:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

what i thought of the ipad: meh. seems like a blown-up version of the ipod touch.

Underwhelming... to say the least. Indeed, just a blown up iPod, and it ties you even tighter to iTunes, blech. As a side note: Steve Jobs looks very sick still, poor guy.

I want to know if it can support either corel or photoshop, and if they plan to release some kind of stylus or pen to use those programs more accuratley. If it they do plan on something like that then this is a very inexpensive way to get a tablet on par with the things that Wacom has out there

and is apple officially at&t's indentured servant? why in hell would they release another product tied to them knowing that many potential customers won't buy the product for that reason alone? I know you can use strictly wifi, but c'mon! broaden the spectrum a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoatLantern View Post
    I want to know if it can support either corel or photoshop, and if they plan to release some kind of stylus or pen to use those programs more accuratley. If it they do plan on something like that then this is a very inexpensive way to get a tablet on par with the things that Wacom has out there
    Yea absolutely. Apple filed a patent a few weeks ago for a stylus device. I think I saw it on Gizmodo? Or maybe Engadget?

I'm sure they're waiting to milk money from people later.
    :nexusx: A new hope. :nexusx:

Smile

I will be getting an Apple iPad with AT&T.

It will be a great tool for my real estate business.

The Ipad is unlocked so you could take it to any carrier instead of at&t so it's not really locked into at&t

Quote Originally Posted by NexusWon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoatLantern View Post
    Yea absolutely. Apple filed a patent a few weeks ago for a stylus device. I think I saw it on Gizmodo? Or maybe Engadget?

I'm sure they're waiting to milk money from people later.

God I hope it comes out with the Ipad and it also turns out to be a good product...

Failure on many levels:

- a giant, silly looking bezel.
    - no camera
    - inability to place phone calls
    - no Flash support
    - no USB port
    - no SD card slot
    - no multitasking
    - $130 extra just for 3G support
    - paying an extra $15 or $30 for a 3G data plan (in addition to your phone), even if contractless

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links