Contacts in the Cloud?

This is a discussion on Contacts in the Cloud? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I keep reading reports of the Nexus One sending contact information to google, and also that the contacts app relies on a data connection. Out ...

Thread: Contacts in the Cloud?

Contacts in the Cloud?

I keep reading reports of the Nexus One sending contact information to google, and also that the contacts app relies on a data connection.

Out of curiosity, what does the device send to google (i know it will sync between Gmail and my contacts book), and I assume the phone will have a local copy of the contacts in the phone if I am somewhere where a data connection is not possible?

Thanks

Stu

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

It simply mirrors what is in your google account - emails, contacts, calendar items, pivassa pictures, gtalk messages, maybe others. If you add one of these items on your phone it will be sent to google's servers to be added to your account and vice versa. You are right when you say it keeps a local record. Therefore you can access those records even without a data connection.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links