why was my credit card declined?

This is a discussion on why was my credit card declined? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; so today I'm all happy because I finally purchased my n1 paid for it with my visa debit.. I get a email saying thanks for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why was my credit card declined?

why was my credit card declined?

so today I'm all happy because I finally purchased my n1 paid for it with my visa debit.. I get a email saying thanks for your our ajar etc and than 30 minutes later saying my credit card was declined.. now I gave mee than enough money right notlw to cover the phone .. and I'm at work right now .. so hats the deal here?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

If you put cash in your bank account, and will show rite away on your debit card.

If you put a paycheck in, it will take a couple days to process and to show on your debit card...anyways you need to call your bank

HSBC declined my VISA debit card, then called me to check on things.

Told them all was well, and hit the retry button on Google Checkout, job done.

Contact the phone on the back of the card used.
    Quote Originally Posted by vze4yrte View Post
    so today I'm all happy because I finally purchased my n1 paid for it with my visa debit.. I get a email saying thanks for your our ajar etc and than 30 minutes later saying my credit card was declined.. now I gave mee than enough money right notlw to cover the phone .. and I'm at work right now .. so hats the deal here?
    I switched from Symbian to Android on January 6 2010...

...then I sold my N1 to get the AT&T version but I'll wait for a qwerty solution from google or better with AT&T band support and got the Nokia E75...

lol

Yeah, I'm in the UK - happened to me too, Nationwide Visa Credit Card.

When I saw the declined notice in my shopping cart I called my credit card company using their tel number from the back of the card, they said they had refused payment to Google because it was a large amount and not my normal pattern. They also said now that I had reported it it would not happen again.

It took Google a few hours to do a retry which was a bit frustrating to watch, but in the end they did, payment was processed and the phone arrived a few days later.

Long story short, call your credit card company, and try and be patient with Google (easier said than done I know).

Probably best to stick with the one card rather than try another as the same thing could happen again - just seems the card companies are being cautious with security (thank goodness eh?).

TBird1

Quote Originally Posted by vze4yrte View Post
    I'm in the UK too and best advice I could give you is call your bank just before you carry out the transaction and tell them you are about to buy a phone from google for x amount of money. Had I not phoned them they told me they would have declined my CC for sure.

Some banks place a daily limit or maximum single purchase limit on their debit cards. While most people believe their debit cards look and act like credit cards, their not! Case in point, purchase an item at a retailer with credit card the retailer will process the transaction and ping your card a dollar. Use a debit card the retailer can and will sometimes ping the card 50.00 and the purchase price. So, if you have 500.00 in your checking and purchase something online the retailer can preauthorize the transaction for 550.00, therefore the card would be declined. Other factors can occur also, but generally debit cards aren't the same as credit cards.

well i bought the phone at 1035 today and it said my credit card was declined so i canceled the order a few minutes ago although they say after 30 minutes nothing is guaranteed but i canceled the order and bought the phone again .. if it doesnt work than tomorrow im gonna have a busy day on the phone

My debit card was declined too. I called the bank and they said it had nothing to do with their end. I had to use my credit card instead at the end.

glad im not the only one with this issue. I'm gonna retry one more time later if not ill Do it tomoro and if it still doesn't work well than.. idk really I'll b asking u guys and building my posts up lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links