How to sync contacts with Macbook Pro?

This is a discussion on How to sync contacts with Macbook Pro? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Anyone here try the Missing Sync to sync with an apple computer? What is the best way to sync contacts,calendar,photos and music with a Macbook?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: How to sync contacts with Macbook Pro?

  1. #1
    Senior Member americanexpat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    158

    How to sync contacts with Macbook Pro?

    Anyone here try the Missing Sync to sync with an apple computer? What is the best way to sync contacts,calendar,photos and music with a Macbook?

  2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

  3. #2
    Junior Member mdade1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4
    You amy have to import your information to google in order for that to work. It can be done in the setting section on Gmail. I'm still trying to decide between the Nexus and the droid.

  4. #3
    Junior Member tsowaiman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    11
    sync the mac osx address book to gmail account and the N1 will sync the gmail address book automatically.

  5. #4
    Senior Member americanexpat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by tsowaiman View Post
    sync the mac osx address book to gmail account and the N1 will sync the gmail address book automatically.
    So Google can have all my personal details on file I prefer to sync my own data without having to sync with someone else first.

  6. #5
    Member LMControl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by americanexpat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tsowaiman View Post
    sync the mac osx address book to gmail account and the N1 will sync the gmail address book automatically.
    So Google can have all my personal details on file I prefer to sync my own data without having to sync with someone else first.

    Then you need to get rid of your Android. This is the beauty of the Android OS and how it works. Whatever you update on your phone is accessible on your computer and vice versa without having to constantly sync anything. Gmail, G-Cal, Contacts.... it all works automatically.

    I originally used iTunes to sync my Mac based contacts and other info to sync to Google. Now, Mac's address book supports Google contacts and Google's calendar supports CalDav for syncing with iCal.

    As for Google "having all your personal details on file".....:rofl3: Please, don't be silly, that sounds really paranoid.

  7. #6
    Junior Member esincho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6
    missing sync works fine and there's a trial version U can use 4 15 days. I've been using the windows version before gettin a Nexus. U don't have 2 dump Android like the other guy said. Also, if U use gmail 2 sync wit address book, the contact pics get lost in the shuffle. This happens the other way around 2, pics don't convert over

  8. #7
    Member LMControl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by esincho View Post
    missing sync works fine and there's a trial version U can use 4 15 days. I've been using the windows version before gettin a Nexus. U don't have 2 dump Android like the other guy said
    I'm not saying he has to dump Android because it won't sync with Mac, I'm saying he doesn't understand the benefits of Android.... so essentially there's no reason for him to have one.

    Not wanting to be rude, but there's no reason to be physically syncing contacts and calendar info with a cable anymore.

  9. #8
    Senior Member techiegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    107
    I bought missing sync for android. It synced my photos and contacts fine, but I could not change the ringtone on some of my contacts. When I synced contacts with Gmail, I was able to change the ringtone. Not sure why.

  10. #9
    Junior Member esincho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by LMControl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by esincho View Post
    missing sync works fine and there's a trial version U can use 4 15 days. I've been using the windows version before gettin a Nexus. U don't have 2 dump Android like the other guy said
    I'm not saying he has to dump Android because it won't sync with Mac, I'm saying he doesn't understand the benefits of Android.... so essentially there's no reason for him to have one.

    Not wanting to be rude, but there's no reason to be physically syncing contacts and calendar info with a cable anymore.
    I agree bro. I now use goggle sync 4 everything, but it was a pain at first cause I had 2 put pics and birthdays in on each contact cause they didn't cross over, and put the b-days in 4 calendar events. This my first android phone coming from windows mobile.

  11. #10
    Senior Member americanexpat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by esincho View Post
    missing sync works fine and there's a trial version U can use 4 15 days. I've been using the windows version before gettin a Nexus. U don't have 2 dump Android like the other guy said. Also, if U use gmail 2 sync wit address book, the contact pics get lost in the shuffle. This happens the other way around 2, pics don't convert over
    I bought missing sync and will sync soon. Haven't done it yet because I am not sure where I put the cable at.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

android contacts to mac pro

,
how to back up your android phone contacts to macbook pro
,
how to convert contacts on macbook pro to droid maxx
,

how to make contacts sync with macbook pro

,
how to sync gmail contacts with macbook?
,
how to sync my macbook calendar to my galaxy s4 calendar
,
import contacts from galaxy nexus to macook pro
,

nexus 5 sync with macbook pro

,
s4 sync to macbook
,

sync android with macbook pro

,
sync calendar, contacts with android phone and macbook pro
,
sync gmail to macbook pro
,
sync mac contacts with nexus 5
,
sync osx calendar to s4
,
syncing macbook calendar to nexus 5 phone
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum