Copying Music to my Nexus One

This is a discussion on Copying Music to my Nexus One within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I've copied my MP3 music files from my computer to my Nexus One and I've created a folder in my Nexus called "Music". However...only about ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Copying Music to my Nexus One

Copying Music to my Nexus One

I've copied my MP3 music files from my computer to my Nexus One and I've created a folder in my Nexus called "Music". However...only about 13 songs are showing up in the folder out of the 485 songs that were copied. Any suggestions?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

After I copy music to my N1, I find I have to reboot before it shows up in the Music app.

When you say 'reboot", what do you mean? I've tried turning the phone off and turning it back on but the songs still don't show up in my Music folder. I can see them on the SD card when I connect to the computer but I'm not finding them on the N1.

That's what I meant by reboot: power off and on.

The other mistake I've made is to copy .wma files to the N1. All my .m4a and .mp3 files work fine.

Did you unmount the USB afterwards? I wonder if that could be it?

Mine is working fine with about 400 songs added this morning and 10 or so yesterday

Are the mp3s in 'Music' or 'music'? Android is case sensitive, so make sure they're in the 'music' folder and they should show up automatically the next time you start your music app. At least they do on my N1.

You shouldn't need to reboot the phone to have the phone recognize your files.

You do, however, need to UNMOUNT your SD Card after you're done transferring so that the phone can read any changes and recognize items properly for all apps.

Ah yes, that explains why I had no problem recognizing new music files when transferring via USB - unmount and mount are part of the ritual.

Lately I've been using the ES File Explorer to suck the music files over via wifi. Fast and easy, but no automatic unmount/mount.

I had the same issue. Check out this thread below in the issues & Bugs sections.

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...1-phone-2.html

It seems the N1 or some N1's I'm not sure, can't play Windows media files, only M4P (Mpeg 4). It does this with mine, which is cool because I can now play all the songs in my Itunes library (which are M4P files).

Make sure the file's format is supported!

.wma doesn't work I think, for example.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links