t-mobile data cap & roaming, explained.. i called tmobile

This is a discussion on t-mobile data cap & roaming, explained.. i called tmobile within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; so i just called tmobile and i thought id share this info. first off... im traveling to a zip code that shows no tmobile coverage ...

Thread: t-mobile data cap & roaming, explained.. i called tmobile

t-mobile data cap & roaming, explained.. i called tmobile

so i just called tmobile and i thought id share this info.

first off... im traveling to a zip code that shows no tmobile coverage on the tmobile map. i asked the tmobile rep what happens..

they told me all roaming is free. they say if i roam that my phone may say at&t or verizon on the screen because im using their tower but there is no charge $$ to me because ALL roaming in the USA is free and included with tmobile. (my nexus one plan, and all the nexus one plans are the same so if you have a nexus one, this means YOUR plan is free roaming)

then since i want to "tether" my 3g connection to my laptop i wanted to know if the "unlimited data plan" had a data cap in the fine print... like "unlimited data" really means 5GB/month max. but i did not want to mention the tethering to the tmobile rep so i said this... can i use the **** out of my data plan by watching a whole mess of youtube videos and taking videos with my camera and uploading them to youtube. i then simply asked is there a "cap" in the fine print?

they answered.. there is no cap in the fine print, we say UNLIMITED and we mean UNLIMITED. they then told me i could literally watch youtube videos every hour of the day for every day of the month (way more than 5GB) and i would be perfectly fine.
    JDEPRODUCTIONS.COM - AN ONGOING COLLECTION OF EVERYTHING THAT PREVENTS ME FROM BEING A PRODUCTIVE MEMBER OF SOCIETY

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Free roaming is what I like best; especially traveling (driving) across country I'll watch the phone change back and forth among providers and never be without coverage. TMobile is generous with their data, but while they don't limit their data if they see a lot of data usage they will "Throttle" down your 3G to Edge for the remainder of the billing period.

Until 4G comes out, 3G is expensive to maintain for data access, they will throttle it down to EDGE...

WOW I didn't know they could "throttle" you down to EDGE

Funny thing though, when tethering on Edge my average speed ranges between 150-250 kps.... not bad

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links