Using headphones with the N1

This is a discussion on Using headphones with the N1 within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I'm trying to use some headphones/earbuds to listen to music but when I plug them in, nothing happens. The sound continues to come out of ...

Thread: Using headphones with the N1

Using headphones with the N1

I'm trying to use some headphones/earbuds to listen to music but when I plug them in, nothing happens. The sound continues to come out of the phone's speaker, not the ear buds. I've checked the connection and it seems to be plugged in all the way. Is there a trick to making the sound come out of the headphones?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by kevin.mccollum View Post
    I'm trying to use some headphones/earbuds to listen to music but when I plug them in, nothing happens. The sound continues to come out of the phone's speaker, not the ear buds. I've checked the connection and it seems to be plugged in all the way. Is there a trick to making the sound come out of the headphones?
    You have to give those headphones an extra push to get them into the socket- they can sort of sit there like they are plugged in, but they are not - push them in a bit harder

using headphones with N1

I tried pushing the headphones in harder but they won't go in any farther. I also tried another pair of headphones. Neither will work. Any suggestions?

I tried pushing the headphones in harder but they won't go in any farther. I also tried another pair of headphones. Neither will work. Any suggestions?
    You might have some hardware issue. It works for me. The phone does appear to know that I've plugged in the headphones though. One player I tried actually paused. It's possible that your phone things you hit the pause button when you plug in the headset.

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

I've had that happen to me once. Pulled it out put it back in and it works. Never had that problem again.

Quote Originally Posted by kevindaledavis View Post
    It's possible that your phone things you hit the pause button when you plug in the headset.

No, that's stupid, not at all what you said. I wonder if is possible your phone doesn't notice that you've put the headphone jack in, so it doesn't know to switch.

The switching has got to be done by electronics, not by old fashioned mechanical latches in the socket.

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

wmm
    Definitely sounds like a hardware issue to me. I use four different headphones and an FM transmitter at various times, and they all switch the audio from the speaker to the headphone jack with no problem.

Hi, I've also had this issue.

Turns out the app SipDroid was causing it. As soon as I kill that app, music starts coming out of the headphones (Nexus One headphones). So this might well be the case for you, or any other app which uses sound.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links