Gallery Glitch

This is a discussion on Gallery Glitch within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Is anyone else having problems with the gallery? Mine is very slow to fully load and display single photos. They come up blurred and either ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gallery Glitch

Gallery Glitch

Is anyone else having problems with the gallery?

Mine is very slow to fully load and display single photos. They come up blurred and either stay that way, or take an age to render fully. The gallery app shows that it is processing away, but it seems to stall sometimes, and just plain suck other times.

Embarrassing because I told my friend how awesome the camera on Nexus was, snapped a pic of him, and then showed him the result which looked like it was taken on a zero point five megapixel camera, not a five point zero.

And, not to hijack my own post, but does anyone else have a bug with their picassa albums, where they sync but no image shows up? Any idea of a fix for this strange occurrence?

Cheers and beers to all Nexusophiles

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I don't live America....

And what I'm talking about isn't network issues, it seems to be a lack of power [!] to render photos quickly.

Thanks

Good point!

Maybe it is... let me play round with that now....

Update: Your on to something Alphawave7. Thanks!

I tried the gallery using wifi and it was fine.

I tried it on cellular and that's where the issues are!

FIX: settings > sounds & display > accounts and sync > turn off picassa sync.

Not so much of fix as a work around...

Thanks again Alphawave7!

hmm where do you have your photos saved ?

i got over 3000 photos on a 16GB stick and NEXUS gallery does not have any problems at all, its amazing !!!!

try moving the photos on a different folder on the SD.

i got O2 in Germany and signal/UMTS/3G is fast with this phone.

I am also having this problem, seems to be random...
    Sometimes they load fine others they don't and stay blurry.

I also have problems when I try and select photos to use as contact photos from picasa albums.. I click on a photo and it the screen flashes and it just re displays the photos in the album again..

Obviously the gallery is a bit buggy... hopefully google will put out some fixes for these issues sometime soon...

I don't want to turn sync off for picasa because i want to see my picasa albums

As i stated a few post ago.. I was having the same probs on my N1 with the pics that was synced from Picasa that was showing thru my N1.

What I found out is that the phone has to sync with your picasa account (something like streaming) the pics. I was at work here and was showing some pics and they was blurry (made the N1 look bad).. went home and connected to the WiFi and the pics came thru crystal clear. Decided to disconnect from the Wi-Fi and low and behold they were blurring again.

So I would guess that the more pics you have on picasa, the more time it might take to have all your pics 'sync' thru phone/Wi-fi and to come clear. I know its nice to be able to show all your pics without really having them 'on' your mem card.

Anyone else can confirm this by chance.. cause so far when my N1 is by itself.. all blurry.. when on Phone/Wi-Fi no probs (but then i dont have that many pics in Picasa).

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Munchausen View Post
    As i stated a few post ago.. I was having the same probs on my N1 with the pics that was synced from Picasa that was showing thru my N1.

What I found out is that the phone has to sync with your picasa account (something like streaming) the pics. I was at work here and was showing some pics and they was blurry (made the N1 look bad).. went home and connected to the WiFi and the pics came thru crystal clear. Decided to disconnect from the Wi-Fi and low and behold they were blurring again.

So I would guess that the more pics you have on picasa, the more time it might take to have all your pics 'sync' thru phone/Wi-fi and to come clear. I know its nice to be able to show all your pics without really having them 'on' your mem card.

Anyone else can confirm this by chance.. cause so far when my N1 is by itself.. all blurry.. when on Phone/Wi-Fi no probs (but then i dont have that many pics in Picasa).
    I am having the same issue using wifi though, some seem to load properly, others never do they just stay blurry. I have submitted it as a bug on the android developer page as obviously this shouldn't be happening whether you are on wifi or not and in my case it happens on wifi also.
    If it worked properly it would be a great application but the hit and miss factor of it makes it a little frustrating, not a great showcase when you want to show friends some photos

I was having an issue going into my Gallery and it would state that there were no items in the Gallery. I would then go back to the home page and back to the Gallery and THEN my pictures show.

Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN40iL View Post
    I was having an issue going into my Gallery and it would state that there were no items in the Gallery. I would then go back to the home page and back to the Gallery and THEN my pictures show.

Weird.

I'm having this same issue. Also, my pictures load very slow and I'm not syncing with picasa

I have no problems with local pics on the N1 just with picasa albums. It is really hit and miss... Sometimes they render sometimes they don't. This is usually on wifi as I usually only view albums at home. When they do render from picasa it usually just takes a few seconds anyway but some just dont render properly even if i leave it there for minutes.. No idea why, but obviously something is buggy. For now I'll copy the best photos onto the sd card but space is precious

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links