Aesthetics problem: A few dark spots on the Rubber surface

This is a discussion on Aesthetics problem: A few dark spots on the Rubber surface within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I noticed that there are a few visible dark spots on the rubber side of my Nexus One. No matter how hard I tried, I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aesthetics problem: A few dark spots on the Rubber surface

Aesthetics problem: A few dark spots on the Rubber surface

I noticed that there are a few visible dark spots on the rubber side of my Nexus One. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't wipe them off. I am not sure where those dark spots come from and it seems like they were there since I got the phone. If it is really some dirty stain, how do you remove it?

Thanks for the help in advance.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by NexusDro View Post
    I noticed that there are a few visible dark spots on the rubber side of my Nexus One. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't wipe them off. I am not sure where those dark spots come from and it seems like they were there since I got the phone. If it is really some dirty stain, how do you remove it?

I have the same exact problem. Its discoloration if the Teflon Coating. Calling HTC tomorrow too see if I can get mine replaced. Apparently some speculated that it is caused by the seams of the cloth case the phone came with. I have 4 spots on my bottom of my phone, annoying as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NexusDro View Post

I have the same exact problem. Its discoloration if the Teflon Coating. Calling HTC tomorrow too see if I can get mine replaced. Apparently some speculated that it is caused by the seams of the cloth case the phone came with. I have 4 spots on my bottom of my phone, annoying as hell.
    That sucks. And I tried to wipe it hard LOL. Can I buy something to recoat it?

Hmm I don't know ima look right now

Let me know if you find anything. I will do the same.

hey ezeddiekun, any updates on the problem? I don't want to get a refurbished replacement just for that few spots. Do you know if others are experiencing the same problem?

I've seen it mentioned in a few places, so it's not just you

Hi all,

I'm also experiencing this issue. It's been documented here as well:
    Discolorations on Nexus One metal - Android Help

Not spamming... I'm just really annoyed after paying so much money for the device, it shows this type of wear after just 3 weeks of daily use.

My little plastic Nokia didn't show any wear for nearly weeks / months after purchase!

Are there enough of us to make a case to HTC? I already have a ticket established with them and I'd be more than willing to submit a letter to them to show how annoying and widespread this problem really is.

I've seen this on my friend's nexus. He showed me today. Its at the bottom of his phone, like 4 small dark spots near the USB charge spot. He said he thinks its from the case HTC gave us.

Well I called HTC a couple of days ago. They said they have never heard of this problem, they denied it was at their fault. The only option they gave me was to take a risk by sending it to HTC and having them inspect it. This is just outragous, don't know if I'll ever buy from HTC again. Luckily Motorola is building the next Nexus.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links