Gmail help please!

This is a discussion on Gmail help please! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by Maris Originally Posted by warren Not on my phone! I am using the pre installed Google Mail app that was set up ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gmail help please!

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by warren View Post
    Not on my phone!

I am using the pre installed Google Mail app that was set up by default when I entered my Google Apps credentials.

For the avoidance of doubt this does not allow me to select a number contained in an email which I can then dial, whether it is by clicking or the track ball.
    I also have the "pre installed Google Mail app that was set up by default" but I do NOT use that one. Instead, I downloaded the app from the market called GMail and THAT is the app I use instead where I mentioned I can just tap on the number in an email and it will automatically open the phone dialer. I hope this helps you.
    Thanks for that, although I am wary of switching.

Just before purchasing my Nexus One I migrated by business email from exchange to Google Apps and everything is syncing well i.e. contacts, calendar as well as the ability to search all my mail and folders (17 GB!).

If the default Googlemail app is missing this functionality hopefully it will be provided in a forthcoming update. Google Apps is developing/improving continuously and hopefully that will also happen with their mobile apps and the Nexus One...........

It's not exactly "switching" as it is the same email sync, etc., but it seems to have a different interface and notifies you immediately when an email is received instead of waiting a set amount of time to sync. You don't have to remove your original email (I didn't). I just decided to view it through the Gmail app instead.

Thanks Maris

I'm going to try the app you are using.

I've searched the market for a Gmail app and can't find it!

Which app have you installed?

Not on my phone!

I am using the pre installed Google Mail app that was set up by default when I entered my Google Apps credentials.

For the avoidance of doubt this does not allow me to select a number contained in an email which I can then dial, whether it is by clicking or the track ball.
    I also have the "pre installed Google Mail app that was set up by default" but I do NOT use that one. Instead, I downloaded the app from the market called GMail and THAT is the app I use instead where I mentioned I can just tap on the number in an email and it will automatically open the phone dialer. I hope this helps you.
    Finally!! thanks for your input Maris, this will also help others who may have this problem, the app with the phone doesn't support it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post
    Not on my phone!

Finally!! thanks for your input Maris, this will also help others who may have this problem, the app with the phone doesn't support it.

Almost there!!

Just need Maris or anybody else to confirm which Gmail App as I have been searching the market without success!

Any pointers would be very much appreciated!!

Thanks Maris

You're right ... I'm not seeing it in the market right now. Odd. However, I did a search and found this site which has a download link along with detailed descriptions:

Gmail for mobile

Thanks Maris

You're right ... I'm not seeing it in the market right now. Odd. However, I did a search and found this site which has a download link along with detailed descriptions:

Gmail for mobile

Thanks again Maris!!

Thanks Maris

Gmail for mobile
    Thanks Maris

However, I've visited that site and it states the native app is pre-installed.

I tried www.gmail.com and this doesn't let me select text from my gmail account and won't even let me log in to my google apps account!

I'm not normally this slow - could you please tell me exactly what you have installed to enable dialling from the app?!

Just sent myself a email. Opened it in gmail, touched my phone number and the phone activated to make a call. Works for me.

Thanks Maris

However, I've visited that site and it states the native app is pre-installed.

I tried www.gmail.com and this doesn't let me select text from my gmail account and won't even let me log in to my google apps account!

I'm not normally this slow - could you please tell me exactly what you have installed to enable dialling from the app?!
    The GMAIL app was not pre-installed on my N1, the Google "email" app was. While they both connect to your gmail web account, the application call gmail (not the original email) will dial when an emailed phone number is tapped. Just be sure you download the gmail application. It will have the "Gmail" name on your phone and appear as an envelope with a Red M, while the pre-installed email will appear as an envelope with a yellow page with a white @ sign.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links