Gmail help please!

This is a discussion on Gmail help please! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi all I'm on day 3 of my Nexus ownership experience and so far so good (upgraded from Nokia E72)! I am having one issue ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gmail help please!

Gmail help please!

Hi all

I'm on day 3 of my Nexus ownership experience and so far so good (upgraded from Nokia E72)!

I am having one issue that I cannot resolve and would appreciate some help.

I use a telephone message answering service for my business when I am out of the office. The message is then emailed to me and on my previous phone I was able to simply click on the number in the email to call the person who has left the message.

In Gmail I am unable to select any text etc in the email. It's probably a simple solution although I have even read the manual and couldn't see it there!

Any help would be very much appreciated.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by warren View Post
    Hi all

I'm on day 3 of my Nexus ownership experience and so far so good (upgraded from Nokia E72)!

I am having one issue that I cannot resolve and would appreciate some help.

I use a telephone message answering service for my business when I am out of the office. The message is then emailed to me and on my previous phone I was able to simply click on the number in the email to call the person who has left the message.

In Gmail I am unable to select any text etc in the email. It's probably a simple solution although I have even read the manual and couldn't see it there!

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Nexus one does not support that function. The only copy / cut & paste is supported within phone app i.e messaging, contacts etc.

Things like web page / email no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Actually, I have no trouble 'calling' any number in my emails...I simply touch them, and the phone is 'smart' enough to dial them.
    Thanks for that.

Are you able to click on Gmail emails?

I am unable to select a number contained in an email to dial and have resorted to writing the number in my pad and then dialling out!

There must be a solution to this.

Any ideas?

Instead of trying to "select" it to dial, just tap on it. That is what I do and it opens the phone dialer with the number displayed for calling.

Wait wait, you cant select any text from web browser and from email/sms app?

Can this be "fixed" if true?

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    Instead of trying to "select" it to dial, just tap on it. That is what I do and it opens the phone dialer with the number displayed for calling.
    Are you using gmail to get that to work?

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post

Yes, I am.

Yes, I am.
    Interesting, I can get mine to work in web pages etc; but not if it's by email.
    How is the phone number displayed in the email, is it like xxx-xxx-xxxx?

That's what I want it to do!!

I've tried tapping, track ball etc and am unable to select any numbers in Gmail email (both html and plain text mails).

Are you able to dial out from a number in a Gmail email?

Interesting, I can get mine to work in web pages etc; but not if it's by email.
    How is the phone number displayed in the email, is it like xxx-xxx-xxxx?
    It might depend on who sends the email and how it is typed, but those I receive all appear xxx-xxx-xxxx. The number is not highlighted in blue as a normal link would be, but I can still tap on it (I use my finger) and it opens the phone app with the number displayed.

Just to be sure I understand you, I do this on my phone from the gmail app I downloaded from the market. I am not using the email app that came with the phone.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links