Dial Nexus One via bluetooth from PC?

This is a discussion on Dial Nexus One via bluetooth from PC? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I have extensively used a small utility that enabled me to copy a telephone number to the clipboard on my pc and then dial the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dial Nexus One via bluetooth from PC?

Dial Nexus One via bluetooth from PC?

I have extensively used a small utility that enabled me to copy a telephone number to the clipboard on my pc and then dial the number on my phone via bluetooth.

I have successfully paired my Nexus with my PC although am unable to create a connection to dial the number. I suspect this may be because Android does not support file transfer via bluetooth?

It would be great to get this working as before - any ideas as to how I may achieve this?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Anybody have any ideas as to how I may achieve bluetooth dialling from my PC?

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!

I don't know too much about what you're wanting to do but I imagine you may need greater permissions to be able to use bluetooth in that way ie. you may need to root your phone to enable such activities which would be prevented for security reasons?

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, I'll keep an eye out and see if there's a way to achieve it.

The utility I have been using is this.

Unfortunately whilst I can pair my Nexus One to my PC and the software can see the phone I get "Bluetooth Connection Failed" each time I try and dial out.

I have been using this software for a couple of years and it works well with Nokia phones. I wonder if it may be because Android does not support Bluetooth file transfer?

Any ideas?

Warren, try downloading

Bluetooth File Transfer - Cyrket

This supports file transfer, might help your problem.
    I haven't tried it though.

Quote Originally Posted by iDrian View Post
    Warren, try downloading

Bluetooth File Transfer - Cyrket

This supports file transfer, might help your problem.
    I haven't tried it though.
    Thanks, I had already tried that and I'm still getting Bluetooth Connection Failed...

Any other suggestions?

Try sending google or HTC an email and see if they know anything you can do

There must be a solution to this issue - perhaps there is a hack that will allow the functionality I require??

Quote Originally Posted by warren View Post
    There must be a solution to this issue - perhaps there is a hack that will allow the functionality I require??
    Any thoughts as to how I can overcome this issue?

I spend 2 hours plus each day using my phone as a phone and I find the inability for me to dial out from my PC so frustrating that I am using my old Nokia E71!!

Well I have missed the ability to dial out from PC so much that for the last week or so I have reverted a Nokia E72. Nokia is inferior to Nexus for email, but my main use of a phone is as a phone! I spend up to 3 hours per day on the phone and am reluctantly coming to the conclusion that Nokia is superior as a phone.............

Looks like my Nexus One will be going on Ebay next week if I am unable to resolve this issue.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links