Messaging question!!

This is a discussion on Messaging question!! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; So i was wondering if you go to messages and compose a new message..you can only type the number you want to message or can ...

Thread: Messaging question!!

Messaging question!!

So i was wondering if you go to messages and compose a new message..you can only type the number you want to message or can you access your contacts from there and message them? The only way i can do it as of now is go to contacts find the person then message them......Also another question...can you forward a text or copy a certain word(s) from browser or even messages? Thank you

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Have you tried to type their name?

Highlight and long press the text you want to copy, Should copy automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidfan74 View Post
    So i was wondering if you go to messages and compose a new message..you can only type the number you want to message or can you access your contacts from there and message them? The only way i can do it as of now is go to contacts find the person then message them......Also another question...can you forward a text or copy a certain word(s) from browser or even messages? Thank you

You can type both number or name, however if you want to always type by name; in contacts, their primary number needs to be 'Mobile' not Home or Work.

No! to the second question, unless you have an third party app!!

As stated above, type the contact name and a list will appear... choose the contact. Copy and paste from the browser simply press menu>more>select text then highlight area to copy after selecting phone will state "text copied to clipboard." In text message long press and select paste.....

Quote Originally Posted by dg36 View Post
    As stated above, type the contact name and a list will appear... choose the contact. Copy and paste from the browser simply press menu>more>select text then highlight area to copy after selecting phone will state "text copied to clipboard." In text message long press and select paste.....

Hey dg36, thanks for that info. I didn't see that.

No problem, I just found this out too, the phone really is a small PC.

thank you people...one last question how do i make all my contacts from home to mobile

thank you people...one last question how do i make all my contacts from home to mobile
    Not sure if there's a way to mass-update all your contacts like that but I guesss the second easiest way is to just go in to your contacts on the web and just edit them on your computer.

If I understand your question, set up your home email account on your mobile
    and you can then sync contacts, email and calendar...

I know this works for gmail account very easy!!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links