Another google voice question

This is a discussion on Another google voice question within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I have searched this forum and called T-mobile and have not been able to get good answer for my question. I have read, through my ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another google voice question

Another google voice question

I have searched this forum and called T-mobile and have not been able to get good answer for my question.

I have read, through my searching; that some of you who have T-Mobile can use Google voice for your voice-mail. I would just like to know what plan you or what t-mobile plan will allow me to do this?

I currently have the even more plus plan with flex pay. I have read that this plan will not work with Google voice but, I have read other people who post on here that are able to use Google voice with their unlimited plan.

I realize I have Google voice with the N1, which I have set up but, I'm unable to set up the voice-mail with my current number (which I cannot change). When I try to set it up I get a MMI error.

If I cannot use Google voice-mail with my current setup, I would like to know which plan that I can. T-Mobile has no clue.

It's not that a big of a deal but, it would be nice to use the voice-mail feature with Google voice.

Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Are you able to access your Google Voice account online?
    If yes, go to settings and set it up there.

As far as I know, you can configure Google Voice (GV) to record voice messages for any phone. The carrier and plan don't matter.

During GV setup, you tell GV who your carrier is. GV then gives you a special sequence to type into your phone. This sequence tells the phone to forward any unanswered calls to a Google number, and may be specific to the carrier.

I noticed when setting up my phones that GV gave me an incorrect sequence for a Tracfone operating on a Verizon net. Wikipedia has an article on call forwarding sequences for many carriers, and you should be able to figure out the correct sequence for your phone/carrier.

I think I'll give up for now. I've tried every which way to do it with no luck. I tried entering it manually and using the MMI code, several different ways. T-Mobile said my plan is a combination of a prepaid and post-paid plan so, I'm not sure it will work.

My experiences with T-Mobile have been weird thus far, especially with this new phone. No one knows for sure what to tell me and, they have confusing & different plans.

Quote Originally Posted by bav1987 View Post
    I think I'll give up for now. I've tried every which way to do it with no luck. I tried entering it manually and using the MMI code, several different ways. T-Mobile said my plan is a combination of a prepaid and post-paid plan so, I'm not sure it will work.

My experiences with T-Mobile have been weird thus far, especially with this new phone. No one knows for sure what to tell me and, they have confusing & different plans.
    In your Nexus One settings Voicemail settings, change the forwarding number for your VM to your Google Voice number.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    In your Nexus One settings Voicemail settings, change the forwarding number for your VM to your Google Voice number.
    I tried that but, thanks anyway. I'm still using my own number and not a GV number. I used the number that's part of the MMI code that it instructs you to type. It could be that I need a GV number but, I still have to have my own number and, I'm not sure if the GV number will replace it if i get one.

I tried that but, thanks anyway. I'm still using my own number and not a GV number. I used the number that's part of the MMI code that it instructs you to type. It could be that I need a GV number but, I still have to have my own number and, I'm not sure if the GV number will replace it if i get one.
    Huh?

I'm using my normal number. But my phone forwards to my GV number when I dont answer. In settings>Call Settings> Voicemail Service I have mine set to 'My Carrier'. But if you go to Settings>Call Settings>Call Forwarding>Forward When Unanswer and Settings>Call Settings>Call Forwarding>Forward when unreachable and set both of those numbers to your GV number instead of your VM number, everyone who calls you will get your GV voicemail instead of your carrier mailbox.

I got that answer off of the forum. If you are saying it doesn't work you either A. Didn't try it this way or B. Didn't do it right.

Huh?

I'm using my normal number. But my phone forwards to my GV number when I dont answer. In settings>Call Settings> Voicemail Service I have mine set to 'My Carrier'. But if you go to Settings>Call Settings>Call Forwarding>Forward When Unanswer and Settings>Call Settings>Call Forwarding>Forward when unreachable and set both of those numbers to your GV number instead of your VM number, everyone who calls you will get your GV voicemail instead of your carrier mailbox.

I got that answer off of the forum. If you are saying it doesn't work you either A. Didn't try it this way or B. Didn't do it right.
    Who is your carrier? if you don't mind me asking.

Huh?

Who is your carrier? if you don't mind me asking.
    AT&T. But honestly, I do not think this method matters what carrier you are using, as it is the device that is doing it.

AT&T. But honestly, I do not think this method matters what carrier you are using, as it is the device that is doing it.
    I had read that if you have a month to month flex-pay plan with T-mobile will not work but, I have also read posters on here others who have a month to month plan that it does work so, I'm not sure. I now have a Google number and, will try it like you described. It still doesn't work the way they have you set it up on the Google voice page (by entering the MMI number).

I could be doing something wrong so, I'll try it again the manual way. I appreciate your input but, I wish someone with a similar plan would read this subject and provide some ideas or input.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links