Hesitant to get the Nexus One

This is a discussion on Hesitant to get the Nexus One within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by alphawave7 Your fears are mostly unfounded. The phone build quality is VERY good, every phone released will seem to 'have a ton ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hesitant to get the Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Your fears are mostly unfounded. The phone build quality is VERY good, every phone released will seem to 'have a ton of people have issues' (tell me of a desireable phone that didn't!). WRT design, it's perfect for me, the Droid is a behemoth, and looks cheap to me in comparison. It sounds to me like you should get a Droid. Android and the Nexus One are FAR from obsolete, and seem to be the most obsolescense-proof offering so far. There are many android phones on tap, but I think two years is fine for the Nexus, since it has so much to offer (speed, beautiful screen,etc.).
    Yea, I think much of the complaints have been exaggerated by the media because this is the first time Google's ever really put their name/head on the chopping block over a phone. Google had a gaff with the tech support, but that's been worked out with HTC. T-Mobile has been helpful when I talked to them about it (and their customer support is generally always more plesant than what I've experienced with Verizon).

I really like the phone and the fit and finish. Design appreciation is subjective I suppose, but from a build quality standpoint, this phone is vastly superior to my old plastic iPhone 3gs.

Two of my friends have Droids and to me it just looks like it came from 1980, and I couldn't get over that. I especially couldn't get over the claw-like contortion you have to make to type around the retarded gold "d-pad." I'm so glad I waited for the Nexus One and the much less obtrusive trackball.

Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.
    :nexusx: A new hope. :nexusx:

Waiting is always a good option... I'm waiting for the iPad 2g and the iPhone 5g [yes five] for example.

Two things though:

The Nexus is so customizable and flexible that it can be confusing at first, which accounts for a lot of the gripes. It is however an awesome phone, and I wouldn't go back to anything else that's on the market now. The build quality is great and it's really nice to use. Android rocks.

Second, you gotta get something eventually I suppose. However I'm sure the Nexus 2 will be awesomer!

Ever since I got word of the existence of the snapdragon, I too waited for an android device with this processor. I was an Iphone user and this totally murders it. The design is very sleak but rugged, lightweight, the feel is very well made. The interface and apps run fast and smooth. My only complaint would be the bottom button tend to be too sensitive and sometimes i accidentally hit them. Can be annoying when playing action games. Still I feel there is lots of future possiblities and potential for this phone.

Just order it and take the plunge!
    I did from the iPhone, I just thought what the hell, go for it!

I owned an iPhone 1. gen, bought it the day it came out. And after using that for a year I realized that I could never go back to a phone that didn't have a full-touch screen. I was growing tired of my iPhone, because it was insanely slow (took about 30 second to load the SMS screen). And I didn't want a new iPhone, because everyone has one (almost at least), so when I saw the Nexus One I just knew that this was the one.
    After I payed for it I had to live of bread and water for half a month, but god damn it's worth it! I'm even more happy with this than what I was with my iPhone when I got it, and I was happy then too.
    It's the best phone I've tried, and I've tried the HTC HD2(Because of the WinMo 6.5 its almost like you can't compare it to the Nex)
    You won't regret it : )

Yeah I'm coming from the long line of Sidekick/Hiptop Family. I haven't had a cell phone in about 2 1/2 months since I have left my Sidekick. I didn't really want any other phone but then I saw the Nexus One and I just had to jump on it, I'm waiting for it now as I type this so I would be sure to let you know how it is. I'm not an Android fanboy either this would be my first Android phone.

Went ahead and ordered it today. If I don't like it I can always sell it on e-bay I guess.

Do you guys use any protection like the invisible shield? Or is it pretty scratch resistant?

Well let me tell you I got my Nexus One around 12 pm eastern today. I love it I can't really complain about it, anybody concerned about the build quality don't worry it actually feels good. Its light also it may take some time to get used to it if you're coming from a heavier phone.

Quote Originally Posted by lrsone View Post
    Well let me tell you I got my Nexus One around 12 pm eastern today. I love it I can't really complain about it, anybody concerned about the build quality don't worry it actually feels good. Its light also it may take some time to get used to it if you're coming from a heavier phone.
    Nice! Its such a Dope Phone
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

It really is a cool phone. I wouldn't go back to any phone I had before this one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links