Hesitant to get the Nexus One

This is a discussion on Hesitant to get the Nexus One within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I was pretty much ready to click the place order button yesterday and decided to wait. I read some more reviews and pretty much am ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hesitant to get the Nexus One

Hesitant to get the Nexus One

I was pretty much ready to click the place order button yesterday and decided to wait. I read some more reviews and pretty much am very hesitant to get the Nexus one. Seems like a ton of people are having issues with the phone, unless they're just a very loud minority. I read some negative reviews, including Om Malik's review which left a sour taste in my mouth. $570 is a lot of money for a phone and there is a lot of great phones in that range including the Nokia N900 and SE Satio.

One of the biggest gripes I have is the design. It just looks extremely cheap from the pictures. If it looked like the Droid i'd be all over it.

One of the biggest concerns I have regarding the Android platfom is the rate at which new phones come out, it seems like i'll get this phone today and in two weeks there will be a better and faster phone out.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The fit and finish of the phone is very good. the screen seems to be a substantial piece of hard glass. not a cheap case at all. the matte gray color isn't anything special but the phone is very solid and comfortable to use.

Because the N1 is so highly configurable its behavior can be confusing.
    . Why would it blank the screen during a phone call? answer: you answered the call but didn't unlock the phone.
    . Right out of the box and configured: you power on and press the unlock icon but the phone shuts down in 6 seconds. Answer: you need to drag the unlocked padlock icon to the right to unlock the phone. not just press it.
    . many counter-intuitive behaviors. but easy enough to figure out.
    . the user guide is 320 pages long for good reason.

I suggest you might want to down load and read the user's guide before you buy.

Quote Originally Posted by naltima View Post
    I was pretty much ready to click the place order button yesterday and decided to wait. I read some more reviews and pretty much am very hesitant to get the Nexus one. Seems like a ton of people are having issues with the phone, unless they're just a very loud minority. I read some negative reviews, including Om Malik's review which left a sour taste in my mouth. $570 is a lot of money for a phone and there is a lot of great phones in that range including the Nokia N900 and SE Satio.

One of the biggest gripes I have is the design. It just looks extremely cheap from the pictures. If it looked like the Droid i'd be all over it.

One of the biggest concerns I have regarding the Android platfom is the rate at which new phones come out, it seems like i'll get this phone today and in two weeks there will be a better and faster phone out.
    With all the hype before it's release and finally released yes if there's an issue people will scream louder!!
    However the main problem I had which has improved was battery consumption.

Remember for the price, you are getting an unlock phone not tied to any particular carrier and by far the best Droid on the market.

The iphone unlock is around $700.00, is this phone perfect? you decide

Wait it out...but remember there will be no (man made) phone that will be
    perfect.

Bishop6

The good thing is that I'll only be paying about $200 out of pocket for this phone if I get it unlocked.

I think it's smart to wait if your not sure. Having said that this is a very nice phone and I'm glad I got it. It's certainly not cheap and is built very well. The only issue I have is, no one knows much about it and, a lot of the things you can do with it can only be find out on forums like these, from people who have already used the phone. (the user guide is OK)

The people at T-mobile have no clue about the phone technically and, I don't even think they support it. Being a computer geek, I'm used to looking things up, researching and figuring some things out by myself so it doesn't bother me that much.

I'm new to the Android OS and I really like this phone. Last night I was listening to music and texting my friend - both typing and using the experimental voice feature at the same time - and I think that's so cool.

I operate a small computer networking and repair company and, this phone is use mainly for my business. It does just about everything my blackberry Rim did and, I'm satisfied with it so far.

HTC Tech Support

HTC (the maker of the N1) tech support can be contacted at:
    1-866-449-8358

The support person I spoke to hardly knew anything about the phone but was pleasant and accomodating and we worked through some problems together.

BTW. holding volumn up button and power button at same time brings you to a text screen. where you can select "clear..." to reset the phone. Your contacts won't be erased. I don't know about anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by zanetti2000 View Post
    HTC (the maker of the N1) tech support can be contacted at:
    1-866-449-8358

The support person I spoke to hardly knew anything about the phone but was pleasant and accomodating and we worked through some problems together.

BTW. holding volumn up button and power button at same time brings you to a text screen. where you can select "clear..." to reset the phone. Your contacts won't be erased. I don't know about anything else.
    Not really sure what this has to do with the topic at hand.

Let me tell you this phone is by far the best phone i have ever owned. This phone has so many cool features i can go on forever. I have had this phone for about 2 weeks now without a protection shield and it's been great. Trust me if you want a really good quality phone that is very very very fast this is the phone to get. Don't hesitate just do it

gopher it dude!!!
    Other phones will make fun of your virgin phone. Then your virgin phone will feel ugly and fat. It will have self esteem issues and start to hang around iPhones. Then it will end up in a dark drawer next to a dirty iPod and a whole lot of regrets. Is this want you want WERA!!
    For the love of God and your Nexus One. Root it!!!:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Lol. The quality is awsome. Both are made from the same materials. Gorilla glass and Teflon coating. As a previous Droid user, the Nexus One has a much better design. The boxy design hurts my hands after awhile, and its heavy. One thing you have to remember ts impossible to own the best and newest electronics. Like all electronics, something new and better comes out the next month. Never buy a electronic based on how new it is. Buy it based on if it fits your needs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links