Cant access memory card - where are files kept?!?

This is a discussion on Cant access memory card - where are files kept?!? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I had a 64bit OS and was having trouble getting my SD card to show up in windows. It would always load up and give ...

Thread: Cant access memory card - where are files kept?!?

Cant access memory card - where are files kept?!?

I had a 64bit OS and was having trouble getting my SD card to show up in windows. It would always load up and give me some error. I re-formatted and I am past that now. I created a folder in the Android\Data\Songs folder.

I have put 2 songs in that now and when I un-mount and try to see these files on my phone they are no where to be found. Where should I be looking to explore my SD card? I cant find it anywhere!! I know it sounds dumb but I cant!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by 4entourage View Post
    I had a 64bit OS and was having trouble getting my SD card to show up in windows. It would always load up and give me some error. I re-formatted and I am past that now. I created a folder in the Android\Data\Songs folder.

I have put 2 songs in that now and when I un-mount and try to see these files on my phone they are no where to be found. Where should I be looking to explore my SD card? I cant find it anywhere!! I know it sounds dumb but I cant!
    Make sure you have the latest updates for SDcard 64bit, as there were issues before, of the 64bit not able to read an SDcard of over 1gb.

Bishop6

How do I make sure its up to date for the memory card??

I think its working but still wanna make sure its up to date...

My main question:
    Is there any way you can watch FLV movies on this? I cant get it to play FLV, MPEG, AVI, or WMV files...

Quote Originally Posted by 4entourage View Post
    How do I make sure its up to date for the memory card??

I think its working but still wanna make sure its up to date...

My main question:
    Is there any way you can watch FLV movies on this? I cant get it to play FLV, MPEG, AVI, or WMV files...

There was a bulletin on the Microsoft site a while back that address this issue, as for watching FLV, MPEG etc you will have to convert the files for Nexus to be able to read it.

There is a tutorial in the How to forum.

ok thanks a lot

Did this issue get resolved? How?

I am facing the same problem...I believe it is a driver issue but not sure...

Installing/reinstalling the "Disk Drive" driver helped couple of times but did not fix it permanently...

Need help...

Borg

Sponsored Links