Any way to play FLV files??

This is a discussion on Any way to play FLV files?? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Is there any way you can watch FLV movies on this? I cant get it to play FLV, MPEG, AVO, or WMV files... NONE work ...

Thread: Any way to play FLV files??

Any way to play FLV files??

Is there any way you can watch FLV movies on this? I cant get it to play FLV, MPEG, AVO, or WMV files... NONE work for me

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

FLV (flash) support is on it's way soon once Adobe releases flash for mobile devices.

Nexus One supports formats that are compatible for it. It will not do WMV as far as I know. As for "AVI" files, AVI isn't a format, it's a container.

To explain, videos encoded in formats such as xvid, divx, h.264 can all technically have the extension AVI. Just because it's AVI, doesn't mean it's an "AVI" format. Even MPEG can have an AVI extension but even that's too broad because MPEGs can have different formats.

Basically, you would need to convert your files to a format that the N1 can playback natively such as the H.264 format.

There's a thread on the how-to section of the forums that explains an easy way to convert.

Do u have a link to that thread?

Not too difficult to find...

(Back out of general discussions, go to "How To" section)

But here it is anyway.

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...nexus-one.html

there is a player called yxflash that can play avi, wmv, flv , etc..., its not hardware accelerated but i think nexus one has a fast enough cpu to run the movies ok. u can find it in the app store. it plays about 90% of my flv's and wmv , not all of them. its strange because i also have an htc fuze with tcpmp player installed and the same flv's that wont play on the fuze wont play on nexus . as for yxflash player u can install it from app store and then google - yxflash key - and get the key generator instead of paying 10 bucks for a player that's far from finished... but it does the job.

WMV files can be played with Act 1 from the market.

Oh i though FLV would of been played native. Glad there are some apps that may play it. I found quite of few sites that stream mp4. Want list them becasue they may contain adult material "already got in trouble for that on this site" I am glad no one is referring to a aftermarket programs to encode anything. Who wants to use I-tunes or another program to encode a file so it can be watched. Its 2010, i refuse to do that. If i cant drop a file on the SD and play it, i want watch it on the Nexus "for now".

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links