Colorware

This is a discussion on Colorware within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I owned a Nexus One for an hour, I currently have a Palm Pre, I probably would be posting more here, but since I don't ...

Thread: Colorware

Colorware

I owned a Nexus One for an hour, I currently have a Palm Pre, I probably would be posting more here, but since I don't own one anymore, I just read the forums everyday. I'm waiting on the Nexus One from Verizon, because I found out the hard way that I'm barely out of 3g coverage for T-Mobile, hence I sent my Nexus One back. I want my new Nexus One now..., but since I can't have it now I've been looking at all the options for it.

Not long ago I saw news that Colorware offers the option to customize the phones color, I don't have any experience with the company so I'd just like your input about the company, because I'm thinking about getting my Nexus One customized by them.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by TritonB7 View Post
    I owned a Nexus One for an hour, I currently have a Palm Pre, I probably would be posting more here, but since I don't own one anymore, I just read the forums everyday. I'm waiting on the Nexus One from Verizon, because I found out the hard way that I'm barely out of 3g coverage for T-Mobile, hence I sent my Nexus One back. I want my new Nexus One now..., but since I can't have it now I've been looking at all the options for it.

Not long ago I saw news that Colorware offers the option to customize the phones color, I don't have any experience with the company so I'd just like your input about the company, because I'm thinking about getting my Nexus One customized by them.
    Seems they do a very good job on iphones:iphone:. But of course the price is steep too.
    What did they say they will charge and can they do it on the Nexus
    One's:nexusx: surfaces since the back is made from Teflon.

I think they can color all of the surfaces on the Nexus One, they have a customize area on their site where you can select the color you would like etc with the option for soft or gloss finishes, the option for both finishes were available on all the surfaces on the Nexus One. It's really tempting cause I'd really like to personalize my phone more, however, yes, the price is steep.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by TritonB7 View Post
    I think they can color all of the surfaces on the Nexus One, they have a customize area on their site where you can select the color you would like etc with the option for soft or gloss finishes, the option for both finishes were available on all the surfaces on the Nexus One. It's really tempting cause I'd really like to personalize my phone more, however, yes, the price is steep.
    Customizing it won't affect the warranty or will it?
    What colour did you want to customize it to?

It may affect the warranty, I think that's why I may be hesitating, but even if it did, it's still tempting me lol. I was thinking about this design ColorWare - Google Nexus One

In any case, I'm still waiting till the N1 comes out on Verizon, but I've already put enough away on the side to get the coloring done.

I wouldn't do this. How do you know this coating want affect 3g/gps reception. And $175 to paint my phone! When it starts to chip they want redo it unless its within 30 days. $800 for a new phone instead of sending it in! Its going to be bulkier so forget form fitting cases or holsters. Then it takes almost a month to get your phone back. If it takes that long they don't have many employees. I can ship my car off and get it back in a month repainted!

Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by dallasfever View Post
    I wouldn't do this. How do you know this coating want affect 3g/gps reception. And $175 to paint my phone! When it starts to chip they want redo it unless its within 30 days. $800 for a new phone instead of sending it in! Its going to be bulkier so forget form fitting cases or holsters. Then it takes almost a month to get your phone back. If it takes that long they don't have many employees. I can ship my car off and get it back in a month repainted!
    If I was to do it I would rather have few employees that care for my product than a ton that don't give a crap. I am ok with waiting a month, also the paint they use is supposed to be really high quality
    Follow me at @Burlyskink
    Want a Lockerz invite? PM me

Looks like a waste of money for a show-off

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links