Stop cell standby?

This is a discussion on Stop cell standby? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I was in a basement all day yesterday and found later in the day that I had used almost all of my battery trying to ...

Thread: Stop cell standby?

Stop cell standby?

I was in a basement all day yesterday and found later in the day that I had used almost all of my battery trying to get a signal. Is there a way to tell the phone to stop trying after a while?
    I know I can put it into airplane mode, but I would think there would be a more intelligent way to do this with a setting.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by jsjames View Post
    I was in a basement all day yesterday and found later in the day that I had used almost all of my battery trying to get a signal. Is there a way to tell the phone to stop trying after a while?
    I know I can put it into airplane mode, but I would think there would be a more intelligent way to do this with a setting.

You hit the nail on the head, when Nexus is not in airplane mode it is constantly looking for the best signal, hence why battery consumption is used more when your in the basement, subway etc.

All mobiles work like that.

My office is in the basement and I have the same problem, no reception, never had reception so, I got in the habit earily on of turning my cellphone off. The nature of the beast.... There are apps in the market that will allow you to toggle between airplane mode. I've tried them and they work great, but my habit of turning off was to much to overcome!

Sponsored Links