Mobile TV on the Nexus One?

This is a discussion on Mobile TV on the Nexus One? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; The CPU used in the Nexus One claims to have support for mediaFlo which is Qualcomm's solution to mobile TV as well as DVB-H, which ...

Thread: Mobile TV on the Nexus One?

Mobile TV on the Nexus One?

The CPU used in the Nexus One claims to have support for mediaFlo which is Qualcomm's solution to mobile TV as well as DVB-H, which I believe is the most widely implemented standard.

Please do not mistake mobile TV for streaming video. I am only interested in getting the phone to pickup the real time over the air broadcast (Not through wifi or 3G)

What exactly is the support? I think (but would like confirmation) that this support is the ability for the chip to receive the broadcast signals.

If the chip has this ability, is there hardware that the phone manufacturers must add to access the received signal from the chip?

Clearly there must also be a software solution to interpret/decode the signal. There is much 3rd party software which can be added, but if the hardware is not there, there is no point in persuing this issue further. If anyone has this information available, I would appreciate a reply

Cam

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Again... not a moderator, just a fan like you... but why oh why would you start another thread when you already have one going for this?????????????

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...nexus-one.html

Please don't junk up the forums.

Thanks

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links