Question about Vibrate and SMS

This is a discussion on Question about Vibrate and SMS within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Okay so I just received my Nexus about an hour ago. I have a question about how to change sound profiles I wanna have my ...

Thread: Question about Vibrate and SMS

Question about Vibrate and SMS

Okay so I just received my Nexus about an hour ago. I have a question about how to change sound profiles I wanna have my Nexus ring low but also be on vibrate? I also wanna know how do I take the default SMS messenger from being well the default? I heard that it drains the battery.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by lrsone View Post
    Okay so I just received my Nexus about an hour ago. I have a question about how to change sound profiles I wanna have my Nexus ring low but also be on vibrate? I also wanna know how do I take the default SMS messenger from being well the default? I heard that it drains the battery.
    Download Handcent SMS. When in Handcent go to Settings, and under SMS Receiving Settings, go to Notification Settings you can change the ringtone and the vibration settings. The default app only allows the stock vibration style whereas Handcent can change to various types. Handcent is also has many customization options and you will probably like it a lot more than the default app.

You don't need to remove the default app. Just go to Messaging>Settings>Notifications and turn them off. To be safe, power cycle the phone and then the stock messaging app will no longer be a problem. Honestly, it didn't seem to be draining my batter but some claim that this has made a huge difference.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links