Static noise when calling someone

This is a discussion on Static noise when calling someone within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by bagpuss I just had this on a conf call 5 mins ago, I thought it was someone elses dodgy phone. I haven't ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Static noise when calling someone

Quote Originally Posted by bagpuss View Post
    I just had this on a conf call 5 mins ago, I thought it was someone elses dodgy phone. I haven't had it before and I've had the phone for a month, will following this discussion and post back any updates.

Oh my, I think this might be a coincidence but most of my static problems come from talking to ppl with verizon. My parents have verizon as well as some of my business calls....i have tmobile....for whatever reason, the static always occurs with these verizon users...

are you guys getting the same result too?

ditto

Having the same problem. Have called a sprint user and at&t user, neither could hear the static. Static was constant but seemed to stop when the other person speaks. Cover or wifi on/off doesn't matter. Got the phone a few weeks ago. Am in Chicago so reception is 4 bars. Other than the static the voice is crystal clear.

Weird development... While on a call the static instantly stopped. Had my buddy walk back and forth... Seemed to matter where he stood or whether he was walking... But on my anchient phone with sprint I never had any static with either person, so how can it be on their side???

i have the same issue with hearing static while on call with another person. the static is more prominent when the other person speaks and this is for tmo to tmo so it's not just verizon, at least for me.
    if it gets worse i may just return the phone since my old phones never had this issue and its quite annoying.

I get some static as well. Sometimes it helps me to hang up and call back.

I also get a static sound when first attempting to make a call and It never starts ringing through.

Anyone else getting a echo? Where you hear yourself talking?

I have the exact same problem. It's a sharp high pitched short burst static sound. Man, I don't think I can live with this problem. I really hope we can figure out what's causing it and find a fix.

Has anyone contacted Google about it?

Quote Originally Posted by shizane101 View Post
    I have the exact same problem. It's a sharp high pitched short burst static sound. Man, I don't think I can live with this problem. I really hope we can figure out what's causing it and find a fix.

I called HTC and they said they never received that kind of complaint. They did however had me turn off the phone and take the battery and sim card out for a minute while on their end, they reprogrammed it. after that, i haven't had any problems.....knock on wood. Give HTC a call. They're great.

Quote Originally Posted by jenjenkim View Post

I called HTC and they said they never received that kind of complaint. They did however had me turn off the phone and take the battery and sim card out for a minute while on their end, they reprogrammed it. after that, i haven't had any problems.....knock on wood. Give HTC a call. They're great.

Do you have a little more detail about what they programming they sent to you over the air? I called HTC tonight and they also told me they had never heard of the problem. The lady I spoke with told me she doesn't know what it is that they could have sent to your phone. All she had me do was take out my battery and sim card and then hold down the power button for 5 seconds to do some kind of reset, problably a soft reset. That didn't fix my problem. She then gave me instructions on how to do a hard boot, which I'm told I have to do with a battery percentage of above 50%. I'll try that in a bit when my battery recharges.

Wanted to give you guys an update. I noticed tonight when I call my dad's cell phone (he has a Sprint phone), I get the static problem every time. Right after I hang up with him, I would call my buddy (another T-mobile phone) and would'nt have any trouble. I did this several times just to make sure the results were consistent. Also, as other have said, I don't have trouble when I get incoming calls. When my dad calls me back, the call is clear w/ no static.

Here's something else interesting. My wife also has a Nexus One. We both ordered them at the same time. I had her call my dad's cell and she's having the same problem. I wonder if we got a bad batch?

Does anyone consistently hear the static when calling a certain number? If you do, maybe we can all work together to narrow down the problem. I would say maybe it's a Nexus One T-Mobile to Sprint problem, but other on here have said they've called other cell phone carriers and get the same thing. Has anyone had this problem when calling a land line? If not, maybe we can at least can find out if it's a cellular network to cellular network problem.

Please, for those that are having the problem, try to figure out what your calls have in common when you get the static and post your findings here.

i have static with every call, every where. i called htc and did a few things that were mentioned before and the rep told me to try a hard reset. if that didn't work, i should call back to get a replacement. looks like i'm getting another replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by jenjenkim View Post

Do you have a little more detail about what they programming they sent to you over the air? I called HTC tonight and they also told me they had never heard of the problem. The lady I spoke with told me she doesn't know what it is that they could have sent to your phone. All she had me do was take out my battery and sim card and then hold down the power button for 5 seconds to do some kind of reset, problably a soft reset. That didn't fix my problem. She then gave me instructions on how to do a hard boot, which I'm told I have to do with a battery percentage of above 50%. I'll try that in a bit when my battery recharges.
    Well, the guy from HTC just told me he was going to reset everything but it wouldnt' erase anything i have on my cell. He also mentioned that it would go into effect within 24 hrs and if that doesn't work then call Tmobile cuz it's their network problem, not HTC's. I initially had problem with my parents phone but they have verizon, not sprint.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links