Static noise when calling someone

This is a discussion on Static noise when calling someone within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Am I the only one or what? I've had my nexus for couple weeks and I'm now having couple of problems. The major issue is ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Static noise when calling someone

Static noise when calling someone

Am I the only one or what? I've had my nexus for couple weeks and I'm now having couple of problems. The major issue is that even when I'm calling someone, the ringing has static noise and of course when the receiver answer, the static noise continues. I thought it was because I had the bluetooth icon on(even when not using it) but the static is still there. Not all my calls have that static noice but it's becoming more and more of a problem. The receivers don't hear any static so it's definitely on my end. I called that same party on my land phone and it's perfectly fine so any idea what's causing that static noise?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by jenjenkim View Post
    Am I the only one or what? I've had my nexus for couple weeks and I'm now having couple of problems. The major issue is that even when I'm calling someone, the ringing has static noise and of course when the receiver answer, the static noise continues. I thought it was because I had the bluetooth icon on(even when not using it) but the static is still there. Not all my calls have that static noice but it's becoming more and more of a problem. The receivers don't hear any static so it's definitely on my end. I called that same party on my land phone and it's perfectly fine so any idea what's causing that static noise?
    Are you using Google Voice? The call quality of GV is not always so good.

No, turning of the Bluetooth didn't help at all. And I'm not using Google voice.
    But what do you mean there's a mic on the back? I thought the mic is on the bottom of the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    I'm using google voice for voicemail but i'm still using the same number with tmobile...you think the static is steming from that problem?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    I'm using google voice for voicemail but i'm still using the same number with tmobile...you think the static is steming from that problem?
    No as far as call quality, if you aren't making calls with GV than it will have no effect on them.

That has happened to me too...

Twitter
    jaymcc820
    I've been getting this too. Not on all calls, but often enough. I do have a full body protector on the phone though, and I made sure that the cut out for the back microphone was aligned.. do you think that could be causing it? I get this with and without bluetooth.

Quote Originally Posted by JayMcC820 View Post
    I've been getting this too. Not on all calls, but often enough. I do have a full body protector on the phone though, and I made sure that the cut out for the back microphone was aligned.. do you think that could be causing it? I get this with and without bluetooth.
    I don't have body protector so don't think that's what it is. Does anybody know if this is considered defective?

I just had this on a conf call 5 mins ago, I thought it was someone elses dodgy phone. I haven't had it before and I've had the phone for a month, will following this discussion and post back any updates.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Does a reboot correct it? When it happens, hang up reboot and call back...what is the result?
    Unfortunately that didn't make a difference...thanks though

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links