Static noise when calling someone

This is a discussion on Static noise when calling someone within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Am I the only one or what? I've had my nexus for couple weeks and I'm now having couple of problems. The major issue is ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Static noise when calling someone

  1. #1
    Junior Member jenjenkim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    23

    Static noise when calling someone

    Am I the only one or what? I've had my nexus for couple weeks and I'm now having couple of problems. The major issue is that even when I'm calling someone, the ringing has static noise and of course when the receiver answer, the static noise continues. I thought it was because I had the bluetooth icon on(even when not using it) but the static is still there. Not all my calls have that static noice but it's becoming more and more of a problem. The receivers don't hear any static so it's definitely on my end. I called that same party on my land phone and it's perfectly fine so any idea what's causing that static noise?

  2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

  3. #2
    Member TheDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by jenjenkim View Post
    Am I the only one or what? I've had my nexus for couple weeks and I'm now having couple of problems. The major issue is that even when I'm calling someone, the ringing has static noise and of course when the receiver answer, the static noise continues. I thought it was because I had the bluetooth icon on(even when not using it) but the static is still there. Not all my calls have that static noice but it's becoming more and more of a problem. The receivers don't hear any static so it's definitely on my end. I called that same party on my land phone and it's perfectly fine so any idea what's causing that static noise?
    Are you using Google Voice? The call quality of GV is not always so good.

  4. #3
    Junior Member jenjenkim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    23
    No, turning of the Bluetooth didn't help at all. And I'm not using Google voice.
    But what do you mean there's a mic on the back? I thought the mic is on the bottom of the phone.

  5. #4
    Junior Member jenjenkim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jenjenkim View Post
    Am I the only one or what? I've had my nexus for couple weeks and I'm now having couple of problems. The major issue is that even when I'm calling someone, the ringing has static noise and of course when the receiver answer, the static noise continues. I thought it was because I had the bluetooth icon on(even when not using it) but the static is still there. Not all my calls have that static noice but it's becoming more and more of a problem. The receivers don't hear any static so it's definitely on my end. I called that same party on my land phone and it's perfectly fine so any idea what's causing that static noise?
    Are you using Google Voice? The call quality of GV is not always so good.
    I'm using google voice for voicemail but i'm still using the same number with tmobile...you think the static is steming from that problem?

  6. #5
    Member TheDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by jenjenkim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jenjenkim View Post
    Am I the only one or what? I've had my nexus for couple weeks and I'm now having couple of problems. The major issue is that even when I'm calling someone, the ringing has static noise and of course when the receiver answer, the static noise continues. I thought it was because I had the bluetooth icon on(even when not using it) but the static is still there. Not all my calls have that static noice but it's becoming more and more of a problem. The receivers don't hear any static so it's definitely on my end. I called that same party on my land phone and it's perfectly fine so any idea what's causing that static noise?
    Are you using Google Voice? The call quality of GV is not always so good.
    I'm using google voice for voicemail but i'm still using the same number with tmobile...you think the static is steming from that problem?
    No as far as call quality, if you aren't making calls with GV than it will have no effect on them.

  7. #6
    Junior Member ReBeLR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    26
    That has happened to me too...

  8. #7
    Android Lurker Jason McConnell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    2
    Twitter
    jaymcc820
    I've been getting this too. Not on all calls, but often enough. I do have a full body protector on the phone though, and I made sure that the cut out for the back microphone was aligned.. do you think that could be causing it? I get this with and without bluetooth.

  9. #8
    Junior Member jenjenkim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by JayMcC820 View Post
    I've been getting this too. Not on all calls, but often enough. I do have a full body protector on the phone though, and I made sure that the cut out for the back microphone was aligned.. do you think that could be causing it? I get this with and without bluetooth.
    I don't have body protector so don't think that's what it is. Does anybody know if this is considered defective?

  10. #9
    Member bagpuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    38
    I just had this on a conf call 5 mins ago, I thought it was someone elses dodgy phone. I haven't had it before and I've had the phone for a month, will following this discussion and post back any updates.

  11. #10
    Junior Member jenjenkim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Does a reboot correct it? When it happens, hang up reboot and call back...what is the result?
    Unfortunately that didn't make a difference...thanks though

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. saving apps to sd card
    By G2 Forum User in forum HTC G2
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-21-2010, 01:07 PM

Search tags for this page

cell phone static noise

,
far end hears static
,
galaxy s4 static noise
,
galaxy s5 static call
,
loud static echo after speaking on verizon landline
,
mobile phone static noise
,
my cell phone has static when its ringing
,
s4 static only when sound
,
scratchy noise on mobile phone
,
static calling into my cell phone
,
static cell phone noise
,
static frim galaxy s4mini when i call peiple
,
static on cell phone
,
what is it when one party hears static on the cell phone
,
when calling someone i get a static
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum