Returning the Nexus One

This is a discussion on Returning the Nexus One within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; After 2 weekends (and nights) of trying to make things work, went through HTC customer service and got return directions, with $45 restocking charge to ...

Thread: Returning the Nexus One

Returning the Nexus One

After 2 weekends (and nights) of trying to make things work, went through HTC customer service and got return directions, with $45 restocking charge to be deducted.

Key issue was inconsistent network performance and email (non-Gmail) IMAP integration along with usability challenges. Network performance has been well documented by lots of posts. As to email, even in using K9mail, IMAP folder archiving/syncing, moving/copying etc. all leave basic features behind. Given how common email is, these features should not be missing as they are basic features. Even the built-in mail app without support for signatures is a big omission.

Given non-subsidized price of phone, which I purchased outright, these are annoyances that turn into a bad ownership experience.

Took 2 days before receiving instructions from Google to call HTC. Very nice customer service and tried to talk me out of returning; but it's too late as my mind's made up.

Will wait for Gen2. For now, back to BB and iPhone.

This forum has been great and active with great info shared. Good luck to all.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by o2mpx View Post
    After 2 weekends (and nights) of trying to make things work, went through HTC customer service and got return directions, with $45 restocking charge to be deducted.

Key issue was inconsistent network performance and email (non-Gmail) IMAP integration along with usability challenges. Network performance has been well documented by lots of posts. As to email, even in using K9mail, IMAP folder archiving/syncing, moving/copying etc. all leave basic features behind. Given how common email is, these features should not be missing as they are basic features. Even the built-in mail app without support for signatures is a big omission.

Given non-subsidized price of phone, which I purchased outright, these are annoyances that turn into a bad ownership experience.

Took 2 days before receiving instructions from Google to call HTC. Very nice customer service and tried to talk me out of returning; but it's too late as my mind's made up.

Will wait for Gen2. For now, back to BB and iPhone.

This forum has been great and active with great info shared. Good luck to all.
    Sorry also that it didn't work out with you on the Nexus, there is talk of a Nexus 2 geared for the business market (BB) maybe that will work out for you.

dandroid
    That sucks, what phone are you going back to?

I'm sorry it didn't work for you. I was a little leery at first when deciding to buy the N1. I had never bought a phone right after it came out but, this phone does everything I need. I set up two company email accounts, one regular and one that works with my website through a form. They both are working fine. I just had to get used to typing on the touch keyboard.

The only other issue I have is, the android OS checks the emails at intervals, whereas my BB sent the email as soon as get it. There may be a app for that though.

Actually the gmail app delivers emails as soon as it arrives

Well I just made the dreadful call... I'm returning my N1 . T-Mobile's ****ty network. & I lost my case so that we be deducted too FML.

thank god t-mobile works well in Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by Discman View Post
    Actually the gmail app delivers emails as soon as it arrives
    OP had issues with non-gmail....

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links