What would you do ? Hotmail/POP/Gmail ?

This is a discussion on What would you do ? Hotmail/POP/Gmail ? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi, Have been a very satisfied (smug even) Nexus One user since week of release, and have been a total convert (from Symbian/Nokia) to the ...

Thread: What would you do ? Hotmail/POP/Gmail ?

What would you do ? Hotmail/POP/Gmail ?

Hi,

Have been a very satisfied (smug even) Nexus One user since week of release, and have been a total convert (from Symbian/Nokia) to the whole Google eco-system.

I have been running my my new GMail account, Calendar and Contacts very happily and have no complaints in this area (migrated my history from MS Outlook on my PC)

However, I do have 3 x legacy email addresses that I would also like to access from my Nexus One. These are 1 x Hotmail (Livemail) account and 2 x POP3 email accounts.

To get the cleanest integration for all my email via my Nexus One am I best to set up 3 additional email addresses within my GMail account and then set the Nexus one to sync all 4 of my Gmail based email addresses ?

or

Should I set up the phone to directly access Hotmail (IMAP) and my POP3 addresses ?

What would you do ?

Cheers !

TBird1

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Me personally would get my gmail account to collect from the pop3 accounts (and also the hotmail one if supported) and use my gmail account as the main account and just sync the one account to the Nexus.

Quote Originally Posted by tribz View Post
    Me personally would get my gmail account to collect from the pop3 accounts (and also the hotmail one if supported) and use my gmail account as the main account and just sync the one account to the Nexus.
    If you did this what address would outgoing email appear to come from ?
    My preference is for each account to have it's own outgoing email address.

In the gmail web client, you can set a reply address for each account and one of the options is to 'Reply from the same address to which the message was sent'

I assume or may be wrong but the nexus gmail client should obey these rules.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links