Installed Apps Directory

This is a discussion on Installed Apps Directory within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi, I'm installing some apps from my SD card in the .apk format and I just have a quick question. Once I have installed the ...

Thread: Installed Apps Directory

Installed Apps Directory

Hi,

I'm installing some apps from my SD card in the .apk format and I just have a quick question.

Once I have installed the app from my phone, where does it get installed to?

Also, can I then delete that .apk from the root of my SD card without damaging the installed app from my phone and will it still run?

Many thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Deleting the APK file from your SD card after a successful install should not affect the installed app.

I couldn't tell you exactly where the app gets installed but I assume it's somewhere in the phones internal memory.

Quote Originally Posted by soulstar View Post
    I assume it's somewhere in the phones internal memory.
    The thing I was trying to understand is if this is the case, what happens when you run out of internal memory and want to install an app to the SD card directory? Is there a way to install the app to the SD Card?

If I remember correctly, only way to force installations directly on to SD is by rooting and using Apps2SD or some sort.

And if I 'really' remember correctly, I think I've heard that the N1 will eventually allow native support to install apps on to the SD.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links