can my n1 automatically turn on&off email notifications?

This is a discussion on can my n1 automatically turn on&off email notifications? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; i get random mail all day and night long, when im sleeping the mail notification wakes me up. i know i can turn the master ...

Thread: can my n1 automatically turn on&off email notifications?

can my n1 automatically turn on&off email notifications?

i get random mail all day and night long, when im sleeping the mail notification wakes me up. i know i can turn the master volume down when i sleep but i want the phone and text message to wake me (incase of emergency).

is there an app that can manage notifications for me? like where i can set a certain time at night to completely silence the mail notification and then at a certain time in the morning it will turn back on automatically.

thx
    JDEPRODUCTIONS.COM - AN ONGOING COLLECTION OF EVERYTHING THAT PREVENTS ME FROM BEING A PRODUCTIVE MEMBER OF SOCIETY

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by jdeproductions View Post
    i get random mail all day and night long, when im sleeping the mail notification wakes me up. i know i can turn the master volume down when i sleep but i want the phone and text message to wake me (incase of emergency).

is there an app that can manage notifications for me? like where i can set a certain time at night to completely silence the mail notification and then at a certain time in the morning it will turn back on automatically.

thx
    handcent is used by a few members and it is very user friendly / customizable etc.

You can try that!!

Dont know of anything that does it automatically but I've got in the habit of switching of sync before I go to bed. This will switch off email sync and email notifications throughout the night. Text messages will come in as normal.

The sync icon is on the widget that has your wifi, BT, GPS, brightness etc on.

You can go to Settings>Sound & Display>Notification Ringtone> Silent

or you could create a desktop short cut to Sound and Display and go from there....

Quote Originally Posted by jdeproductions View Post

thx
    You can turn off email notifications sounds etc. here. You'd probably need an actual app to alter the settings according to a schedule.

Changing Gmail settings - Nexus One Help

Try Sound Manager

Go To Market From N1

try Juice defender, you can turn off incoming data for the night.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links