N1 screen in daylight

This is a discussion on N1 screen in daylight within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Iphone is better during the day under the sun. I have both phones and the Iphone is better under the sun. In the evening or ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: N1 screen in daylight

Iphone is better during the day under the sun. I have both phones and the Iphone is better under the sun. In the evening or at night the Nexus One screen is a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by americanexpat View Post
    Iphone is better during the day under the sun. I have both phones and the Iphone is better under the sun. In the evening or at night the Nexus One screen is a dream.
    this is simply not true. you must have the auto brightness on.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny cizzle View Post
    You're right about auto-brightness. If you disable it, the N1 is fine in the sun. Otherwise, it's unreadable.

Auto Brightness is off. As said in the article below:
    Good thing the video wasn't shot outdoors where that AMOLED is all but unreadable.

Android display battle: In the end, there can be only One -- Engadget

In the picture with the Nexus and Droid side by side they look the same to me.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcticWolf View Post
    Totally. But they said it, so it's true.
    Haha, seriously though! Everyone look at this picture and tell me that the N1 is unreadable while the Droid isn't!

Google Nexus One outdoor shots - Engadget Galleries

Auto Brightness is off. As said in the article below:
    Good thing the video wasn't shot outdoors where that AMOLED is all but unreadable.

Android display battle: In the end, there can be only One -- Engadget
    Strange..mine is MUCH brighter than theirs. Good thing I don't believe half of what bloggers like Engadget put out.
    Mine is very bright as well but it just depends on where you view it as being bright. At my shop where the lights are on during the day. Shop is indoors and the Nexus One appears bright. Outside on a cloudy day with no sun it appears bright but if the sun is out and the skies are blue then you can kiss viewing it goodbye. Screen resolution is better than the Iphone but viewing it under the sun is not better and neither is the touch screen. I have used both and use both. My $.02 of how the 2 differ.

Totally. But they said it, so it's true.
    Haha, seriously though! Everyone look at this picture and tell me that the N1 is unreadable while the Droid isn't!

Google Nexus One outdoor shots - Engadget Galleries
    I totally agree...The Nexus One is twice as readable in that picture than the Droid.

To the OP: The Nexus One screen is OKAY in the sunlight, but you will have to angle it to see what you're doing. You're not going to be watching movies on this at the beach in the sun. I think all touchscreen phones are like this.

Nexus One vs iPhone in Sunlight

I use both phones and even with the automatic brightness off and manual brightness maxed out, the iPhone is far better in sunlight. I still play games and type on the iPhone, but the N1 is almost impossible to use. It's not just the brightness difference either, as the finish on the N1 produces more glare.

I prefer to leave the auto brightness on as max brightness indoors can be too bright in a dark room. Why doesn't the N1 go to max brightness in direct sunlight when auto is switched on?

I use the N1 on my motorcycle for navigation and even saturated in light it is clearly visible IF pointed directly at my face, and i use the phone on max brightness not auto so its really how you plan on using it and the duration of use.
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3

NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads