UPDATE IS OUT! enables multi-touch

This is a discussion on UPDATE IS OUT! enables multi-touch within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; copied from ezeddiekun, with small change 1. Rename file without extracting to "update" 2. Move to file to your SD card. (Root Folder) 3. Turn ...

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATE IS OUT! enables multi-touch

copied from ezeddiekun, with small change

1. Rename file without extracting to "update"
    2. Move to file to your SD card. (Root Folder)
    3. Turn off your phone.
    4. Turn on your phone while holding the track ball key.
    5. Use Volume Key to Navigate and press power button to select "bootloader"
    6. Select "recovery"
    7. On the screen with a android and a yield sign hold power button and press volume up key without holding.
    8. Use trackball and select apply update.
    Quote Originally Posted by lrsone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blisk View Post
    [How-To] Force 2/2/2010 OTA Update - Android Forums

Is how to update it manually. I had to manually reselect tmobile as my network operator under settings -> wireless networks but after that I got data. Was pretty smooth and painless. Also data roaming was off so you might want to change that back if you had it enabled before (I did and I'm almost positive I won't get data roaming charges).

Its an awesome update. Pinch to zoom works where it said it would. It's *MUCH* faster. I think they unlocked all the ram. Boots faster, homescreen apps thing flies in 100x faster.. and yes this is comparing to reboots before. Under version it says 2.1- update1 now. I also get HSDPA in my apartment (check by going to *#*#4636#*#* then phone info. It'll say it under network type). So overall it looks great.
    That didn't seem to work.

WHOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I just got my phone today and this was my first action :D So happy, way to go Google, I couldn't be happier with my new N1! :D

So doing this is not considered as "rooting" your Nexus One?

Quote Originally Posted by lrsone View Post
    So doing this is not considered as "rooting" your Nexus One?
    Not at all. This is just downloading the update yourself. I just did it and it was not rooted at all. This is the actual update.
    MOTO DROID & :nexusx:NEXUS ONE

updating right nowwww. does everyone's phone behaving correctly afterwards? i think i heard something like having to rebooting the phone couple times in order to get everything to work?

hmmm i just finished updating, the multi-touch works just fine on the gallery/picture and google map but it doesn't work on the browser. Anyone getting this problem? or are you suppose to enable it somehow?

EDIT:
    scratch that...it seems that the multi-touch functionality on browser seems to work on certain pages only. I'm guessing that the pages that are reconfigured to be seen on mobile devices don't really need pinch and zoom and thus doesn't work? (i.e. google search page. the multi touch doesn't work)

Quote Originally Posted by eylee View Post
    hmmm i just finished updating, the multi-touch works just fine on the gallery/picture and google map but it doesn't work on the browser. Anyone getting this problem? or are you suppose to enable it somehow?
    Web page cant be in mobile view...Go to bottom of site and choose classic/regular. When the site loads like it would on a desktop then you can do multizoom.

Quote Originally Posted by eylee View Post
    updating right nowwww. does everyone's phone behaving correctly afterwards? i think i heard something like having to rebooting the phone couple times in order to get everything to work?
    You might get a few reboots or a screen with a arrow going out a box to a android man...Press volume up and power. Nothing is lost also it takes a while to load when you see the diffrent color lines in the beginning of startup. Just give it time and your good to go.

Just download and installed, works great!

If if i do the manual instalttion if another update for the nexus comes out will i be able to get that update without doing it manually?

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links