UPDATE IS OUT! enables multi-touch

This is a discussion on UPDATE IS OUT! enables multi-touch within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by TerribleTe67 The web page can be in Mobile and Classic view. The Multitouch should work no matter what web site in the ...

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATE IS OUT! enables multi-touch

Quote Originally Posted by TerribleTe67 View Post
    The web page can be in Mobile and Classic view. The Multitouch should work no matter what web site in the native browser. I would recommend waiting on the update to come to your phone instead of ding it manually, I've been reading reports of people unable to restart their phones, possibly bricking the phone.

Here is an example of the update working and you can clearly see it works on Mobile views as well as original desktop views...
    It'll only work on mobile views if they're too big for the screen, if like the default Google home page it is already full screen, you can't zoom.

update FTW!

Got home from work
    Downloaded the patch
    Applied the update
    Am gloriously happy with the new features....

Easy as pie, no rooting involved. I hope all the updates are like this.

Kevin,

Sorry to dissapoint, but I am the most dissapointed, but my phone was down on battery when the download happened, and it never finished updating. Either that or I got excited about the wrong update, but it said update available, not app update available like it usually does. I figured I would wait till I got home and do the manual install.

This morning when I tried to install manually, I keep getting the signature verification failure, which really leads me to believe when my phone died it messed up the installation. Anyone have insight on this?
    Pegasusrider

I LOVE my Nexus One:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

In Houston on T-Mobile and still waiting for the update, im not gonna do the manual update since this is my first android device. So for now i patiently wait

^^^ hopefully the more people who do the manual update the shorter the queue line is for the OTA update.

Make sure you download the file as is and don't let it uncompress. It originally did this on my MacBookPro automatically when I first downloaded it. I re-downloaded it (Ctrl+click) then chose "download file as" and it downloaded again, without un-compressing. Then I changed the name of of the file by just changing the name of the file, NOT the extension. It must be named "update.zip" (without the quotations,)

If you're on Windows you may want to unhide the file extensions to make sure you don't mis-name it.

Try it again, it will work. Once it starts, just leave it alone. It'll tell you to re-boot, then just leave it alone for another 5-10 minutes and let it do its thing.

Good luck. Also, I got my instructions under the Nexus One section on Phandroid.com

Hope this helps...

Just applied the update manually, really simple and all went well here in the UK. Happy days!

Sweeet!

Those who updated...did it change the firmware version? If it did...what version is it now?

I couldn't wait any longer so I did the manual update as well... Now firmware is 2.1-update1

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links