UPDATE IS OUT! enables multi-touch

This is a discussion on UPDATE IS OUT! enables multi-touch within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; How do you get it to reselect t-mobile? edit: nevermind. I think the phone just crashed or something. Had a heck of a time trying ...

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATE IS OUT! enables multi-touch

jah
    How do you get it to reselect t-mobile?

edit: nevermind. I think the phone just crashed or something. Had a heck of a time trying to reboot, but it's fine now.

How does google do the OTA update?

Presumably google use the network operator to channel the notification to the end user. So unless the operator supports the nexus one then no OTA updates will happen, such as in the UK at the moment. This would mean that right now the manual update is the only option. Is this right?

Also I have 3G data switched off most of the time and tend to use wifi mostly, once again I presume no update notification would be possible without 3G data on?

Anyone know how it works?

I am not worried about doing a manual upgrade I am worried about grabbing the wrong file.When clicking on one of the links mentioned earlier in this thread the browser says there is a certificate error and the site may have been hijacked maliciously.

cxm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian_UK View Post
    How does google do the OTA update?

Presumably google use the network operator to channel the notification to the end user. So unless the operator supports the nexus one then no OTA updates will happen, such as in the UK at the moment. This would mean that right now the manual update is the only option. Is this right?

Also I have 3G data switched off most of the time and tend to use wifi mostly, once again I presume no update notification would be possible without 3G data on?

Anyone know how it works?
    I saw a quote on the official google forum (agreed with by one of the google employees) saying that the phone checks google servers directly. I am also in UK on vodafone, but got impatient as I didn't get a notification so just went down the manual route.

Oh where, oh where is my OTA update...oh where oh where can it beeeeee.....?

cxm, that sounds sensible although when I check for settings/about phone/system updates I would have expected it to check , but instead responds that my system is up to date.
    Anyway I think I will also do the manual download.

jah
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetgaz View Post
    I am not worried about doing a manual upgrade I am worried about grabbing the wrong file.When clicking on one of the links mentioned earlier in this thread the browser says there is a certificate error and the site may have been hijacked maliciously.
    The other site said that there's nothing to that error, and it does appear that it is an official google page. I clicked it away with no problem.

This kind of manual update thing is not new to N1. They've been doing this for as long as there's been android. The file just comes from someone peaking in at the OTA to see where it's getting its file - ie it's the exact same file from the same place, you just don't get the error on OTA.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusDro View Post
    Can anyone comment on the loudspeaker volume/quality? How is it during a call? Did the ringer get any louder?
    my ringer was already really loud

Quote Originally Posted by johnny cizzle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NexusDro View Post
    Can anyone comment on the loudspeaker volume/quality? How is it during a call? Did the ringer get any louder?
    my ringer was already really loud
    Really? When did you get your Nexus One? Maybe yours is from the newer batch? I got mine one week after it came out. Did you use your customer ringtones or something?

really loud speaker? hmm either its just loud to them or they did upgrade it... ive always didn't like the loudness of the speaker on the N1 was way to low for me.

Ill have to confirm that newer batch thing since my friend just got his yesterday.

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links