UPDATE IS OUT! enables multi-touch

This is a discussion on UPDATE IS OUT! enables multi-touch within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by Dan14 Anyone in the UK had the update yet? haven't had it OTA but a few peeps including myself have gone down ...

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATE IS OUT! enables multi-touch

Quote Originally Posted by Dan14 View Post
    Anyone in the UK had the update yet?
    haven't had it OTA but a few peeps including myself have gone down the manual route and all is well. either wait or bite the bulliet :butt1:

Yeah Cube, that is rough! I imagine we will have it soon though. It is still only a month after it's release, and with this expansion/update, I am hoping this means they are wroking hard to get this fixed.
    Pegasusrider

I LOVE my Nexus One:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eyc

Web browsing text does not redraw

New update has been great, but I noticed something odd in the new web browsing experience. When I use pinch-to-zoom on a website, the text will not redraw/reformat such that it will now fit the new dimensions.

For example, if I go to reddit.com, and use the REGULAR magnifying glass icon and zoom in quite a bit, the text will redraw so that it fits the width of the screen. I don't have to scroll left or right to read any text.

However, if I use pinch-to-zoom, the text does not redraw, and I am forced to scroll left and right to read the text. If I first pinch-to-zoom then tap the magnifying glass, everything redraws and things are good. But, why does it take that extra step?

Am I missing something?

yes i have also noticed that. i multi touch in and then zoom out with the magnifying glass and it fits to my screen.

weird

eyc
    Quote Originally Posted by eyc View Post
    New update has been great, but I noticed something odd in the new web browsing experience. When I use pinch-to-zoom on a website, the text will not redraw/reformat such that it will now fit the new dimensions.

For example, if I go to reddit.com, and use the REGULAR magnifying glass icon and zoom in quite a bit, the text will redraw so that it fits the width of the screen. I don't have to scroll left or right to read any text.

However, if I use pinch-to-zoom, the text does not redraw, and I am forced to scroll left and right to read the text. If I first pinch-to-zoom then tap the magnifying glass, everything redraws and things are good. But, why does it take that extra step?

Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by blacksilva View Post
    yes i have also noticed that. i multi touch in and then zoom out with the magnifying glass and it fits to my screen.

weird
    If this is how pinch-to-zoom was meant to operate in the web browser, then frankly, I don't think it is all that useful of a function (unless you are browsing image-only sites). I'm surprised no one else has raised the issue.

well the iphone has no fit to text at all lol. i have had to deal with that before and its annoying.

Double tap to zoom text and it will word wrap.the very point of pinch zoom would make word wrap horrible like. On the dolphin browser

People asked for pinch to zoom and they got it. Of course its not going to be perfect on first release.

wmm
    Quote Originally Posted by eyc View Post

Am I missing something?
    In my limited experience, if you zoom in using the "stretch" gesture, the text does not reflow. If you then double-tap, the text reflows without changing the zoom level. If you zoom out using the "pinch" gesture, the text does reflow.

I don't know if there's any reason that the pinch and stretch gestures work differently with respect to text reflow.

Im confused on the Google Goggles. Um i had that before the update. So what changed about the program?"

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links