UPDATE IS OUT! enables multi-touch

This is a discussion on UPDATE IS OUT! enables multi-touch within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by dallasfever Im confused on the Google Goggles. Um i had that before the update. So what changed about the program?" Nothing, as ...

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATE IS OUT! enables multi-touch

wmm
    Quote Originally Posted by dallasfever View Post
    Im confused on the Google Goggles. Um i had that before the update. So what changed about the program?"
    Nothing, as far as I know; it's just preinstalled so that people will have it, even if they don't download it from the market.

Just did the do-it-your-self update as I do not like to wait around. It was very simple to do.

Quote Originally Posted by dallasfever View Post
    Im confused on the Google Goggles. Um i had that before the update. So what changed about the program?"
    Lol I just came here to ask this exact question. I guess now you have it even if you don't want it! For those of us that already had it, did the download overwrite the app or something or do we some how have it "twice" now?

Manual update is easy...

-phone is faster. (Example:No lag in scrolling through apps list)
    -MT is smooth and nice in maps/gallery. I use 3rd party browsers...
    -pink spot in camera seems to be fixed. I see some pink initially when I look at a white wall, but it quickly fades.
    -its faster!
    -i don't have 3G, as I'm on art so no comments there.
    -the new Google labs items are pretty cool to play with.
    -i have not yet had the touchscreen issue
    -did I mention its faster?
    Rooted Nexus One

I installed the manual update and I agree it is much faster overall, which is great considering the processor it has in it. I have not seen the pink spot in the camera so I cannot comment on that. I do however notice the screen distortion when you exit the camera application which is not a big deal, but still out of the ordinary. I used to use dolphin browser because of the multi-touch.. but I like the default browser now it's just like the iPhone in the way it acts. The text on the iPhone did not change when you enlarged the page which I personally like because for me it's easier to scroll left and right on the page to read it since that's what I have been doing since june 2007 with the 1st gen iPhone on up to the 3Gs. Next update I would like to see copy/paste and multi-touch on the email/gmail application so we can copy the text and zoom in when necessary. I use the new google maps application which works great with multi-touch and so does the gallery. All of it is very fast and fluent.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Germerican View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sikpnoi4u_2nvy View Post
    i wonder if they also fixed the four menu icons touch misconfiguration at the bottom... for some reason mine is lower that before... it's almost aligned with the icon itself... are all of you guys experiencing this after the update?
    I can confirm that they are a bit lower but still not exactly on top of the icon. However, I have to admit that this never really bothered me to begin with.
    Ditto for me too...they didn't bother me as they are only a few mm up from the icons, but the update seems to have moved them half way closer. :P
    well yea... it didn't bother me either... aside from time to time when i end up pressing the back icon or the search icon whenever i wanted to go to different screens by pressing on the different dots instead of swiping across the screen... but other than that i didn't mind that much... i was pretty much just wondering if other ppl noticed that it was slightly lower than the usual. so now atleast we all know that it's not a hardware issue like some ppl thought it was...

Just applied the update with no problems. MT is pretty nice, and I think I see some 3G improvements.

I've been in a few hotels in the Atlanta area. First place I was getting 2Mb, then I moved and was only getting about 550Kb, no matter how many times I ran the test. As soon as I applied the update, I'm getting about 1M, then back to 550, then back to 1M. Anyone else notice any improvements?

Also, I didn't notice before, maybe I just didn't see it, but when in a phone call, there is now an icon in the notification area, which makes switching back to the dialer easier. That was a real pain in the ass.

Now if we could only select/copy/paste text etc. from within emails.

EDIT: I guess the phone icon was there, I never noticed it :P

does this fix the 3g issue of delayed emails etc?

Suz
    Quote Originally Posted by number 9 View Post

Now if we could only select/copy/paste text etc. from within emails.
    They didn't fix that yet!?!? I'm surprised more people aren't complaining about that. I don't know how people can live without it. It must depend on what you use your phone for.

Manual update instructions for all users here (No PC required!):

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...ta-update.html

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links