OTA Update direct download link here...

This is a discussion on OTA Update direct download link here... within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by johnny cizzle Originally Posted by ThatGuy88 I just got the update, I thought it was supposed to work in the gallery and ...

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: OTA Update direct download link here...

Quote Originally Posted by johnny cizzle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuy88 View Post
    I just got the update, I thought it was supposed to work in the gallery and maps? Mine only works in the default browser.
    mine works everywhere. maybe you should go back and do the manual one
    I did do the manual one, I see now that it wasn't correctly applied and when I try it again, I get this message on the screen with the android and yield sign:

E: failed to open /sdcard/update.zip (no such file or directory)
    E:signature verification failed
    Installation aborted.

How do you see if the update is on the root of the sd card (as in how do you get there from settings)

I just updated. I used these directions:
    1) Download the upgrade ZIP file from here: edit link taken out
    2) Save it to your PC
    3) Rename it update.zip (not case sensitive AFAIK)
    4) Connect the phone via USB to your PC
    5) on the N1 "mount the USB" (by pulling down the notification bar and clicking on Mount) so it's now a hard drive to your PC
    6) copy the ZIP file named "update.zip" to the root of the new drive on your PC (the root of the SD Card)
    7) unmount the USB (by pulling down the notification bar and clicking on Mount)
    8) power down phone
    9) Power on your phone with the power button, volume down key and trackball pressed
    10) Enter Recovery mode by pushing down VOLUME key to select the option and POWER key to enter the menu
    11) When you see the Android and Update icon (a swoosh) press POWER and the VOLUME UP KEY (at the same time)
    12) Apply update.zip
    13) Reboot when it tells you to.
    14) Don't worry about the many reboots, it will take some time.

these are from google support forums..

I will say on step eleven which is the triangle with the exclamation point you don't hold down those two buttons, you press them and the menu should pop up to install the update.

I had a couple of small speed bumps, but got it working in the end and enjoying my multitouch! I'm on at&t so no 3G.

I just got the update, I thought it was supposed to work in the gallery and maps? Mine only works in the default browser.
    I did do the manual one, I see now that it wasn't correctly applied and when I try it again, I get this message on the screen with the android and yield sign:

Installation aborted.

How do you see if the update is on the root of the sd card (as in how do you get there from settings)
    Did you mount the sd card on a computer and look and see if 'update.zip' is in the root directory of the card?

when I just did it it did show an error at the top for a bit, but it still continued updating the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by ploshayc View Post

Installation aborted.

Did you mount the sd card on a computer and look and see if 'update.zip' is in the root directory of the card?

when I just did it it did show an error at the top for a bit, but it still continued updating the phone.
    Forgive my ignorance when it comes to this sort of thing, but how do you go about getting to the "root directory" of the sd card?

No problem. The 'root' is the first thing you see when you open up the SD card on your pc/mac. It will show several folders such as 'android,dcim,download, music, movies'. That is the root of the card, the main directory with everything in it. Put the update.zip file in there with all the folders but NOT IN any of the folders. I hope I explained that right.

So plug in the nexus one to the computer and open up the card, and if you see update.zip in there with all the folders you are good to go. If not drag and drop it in there and go back to the directions!

Remember. That if your using windows you don't need to put. Zip in the name, just name it update
    No problem. The 'root' is the first thing you see when you open up the SD card on your pc/mac. It will show several folders such as 'android,dcim,download, music, movies'. That is the root of the card, the main directory with everything in it. Put the update.zip file in there with all the folders but NOT IN any of the folders. I hope I explained that right.

So plug in the nexus one to the computer and open up the card, and if you see update.zip in there with all the folders you are good to go. If not drag and drop it in there and go back to the directions!

Just did this and it went flawless. 3G is much more stable, multitouch is always nice, I also noticed a "Dock" section under settings. A killer device has only gotten better.

Keep it up!

Just did this and it went flawless. 3G is much more stable, multitouch is always nice, I also noticed a "Dock" section under settings. A killer device has only gotten better.

Keep it up!

Okay, I've tried the process again several times to no avail. I saw a mistake I made when I checked the root directory and instead of renaming the file "update.zip" I renamed it "update.exe" (don't know it that really matters...) but either way it still hasn't worked. I'll keep trying though, thanks ploshayc.

Manual update in Canada

I'm in Ottawa, Canada running edge on the Rogers network. Completed the update flawlessly with the instructions. Everything seems to be working great. Thanks a million for posting this step-by-step procedure.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links