OTA Update direct download link here...

This is a discussion on OTA Update direct download link here... within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by ThatGuy88 Originally Posted by ploshayc No problem. The 'root' is the first thing you see when you open up the SD card ...

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: OTA Update direct download link here...

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuy88 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ploshayc View Post
    No problem. The 'root' is the first thing you see when you open up the SD card on your pc/mac. It will show several folders such as 'android,dcim,download, music, movies'. That is the root of the card, the main directory with everything in it. Put the update.zip file in there with all the folders but NOT IN any of the folders. I hope I explained that right.

So plug in the nexus one to the computer and open up the card, and if you see update.zip in there with all the folders you are good to go. If not drag and drop it in there and go back to the directions!
    Okay, I've tried the process again several times to no avail. I saw a mistake I made when I checked the root directory and instead of renaming the file "update.zip" I renamed it "update.exe" (don't know it that really matters...) but either way it still hasn't worked. I'll keep trying though, thanks ploshayc.
    If you have windows don't give it the .exe or .zip extension. Just name it update.

If if i do the manual instalttion if another update for the nexus comes out will i be able to get that update without doing it manually?

Yeah you don't do update.zip or update.exe. By default the file is a zip archive. This means just rename the file you downloaded from google to "update" (without the quotes). You should have more success with doing it this way.

I encourage others to manually update there phone and reap the benefits, while the download is still good..

I would assume this is the same as the OTA way of getting the update. I would guess that you can accept OTA upgrades in the future. I will most likely just manually update it so I don't have to wait a week after it's announced!

Quote Originally Posted by ploshayc View Post
    Yeah you don't do update.zip or update.exe. By default the file is a zip archive. This means just rename the file you downloaded from google to 'update'. You should have more success with doing it this way.

I encourage others to manually update there phone and reap the benefits, while the download is still good..

I would assume this is the same as the OTA way of getting the update. I would guess that you can accept OTA upgrades in the future. I will most likely just manually update it so I don't have to wait a week after it's announced!
    Yeah, the update name is what was preventing it, I've got it now... Everything works WAY smoother now, before it was kinda clunky. Thanks again.

I just did the manual update. I couldn't wait. I am a very impatient person, I know.
    -Phunds
    :nexusx: Nexus One owner since: January 11th, 2010
    :nexusx: Rooted! Android 2.2 FROYO CM6.1 RC

phundsblog.blogspot.com | twitter.com/phunds | facebook.com/phunds

I just manually updated too. I don't like the thought of other people having a better Nexus than me!

If if i do the manual installation if another update for the nexus comes out will i be able to get that update without doing it manually?

Quote Originally Posted by iphoner111 View Post
    If if i do the manual installation if another update for the nexus comes out will i be able to get that update without doing it manually?
    <<<<< All ways wanted to paste this!

oh jeez...i just couldn't stand it anymore. I finally did the manual update. went without a hitch!

Told yah the dark side is great! Like my guide?

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links