OTA Update direct download link here...

This is a discussion on OTA Update direct download link here... within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; the guide was perfect; thank you for taking the time to write up instructions for us! I started to freak out a little during the ...

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: OTA Update direct download link here...

the guide was perfect; thank you for taking the time to write up instructions for us! I started to freak out a little during the reboot...it seemed to take a while, but it fired up all updated after a minute or so. all is good, just have to explore the changes now! thanks again...

my case is somewhat similar to what "thatguy88" originally had however mine is a bit different. i bought my phone from someone on craigslist who said he had used this site to root his phone: Video: How to unlock and root a Nexus One – Android and Me

so my problem is that i follow all the posted directions on how to apply the update to a rooted phone, but when i hit "recovery" and enter recovery mode i NEVER see the "Android and swoosh icon" instead it has the four colored "X" in the middle of the screen and a lock at the bottom of the screen and then proceeds to enter into "Android system recovery" where my options are:

-reboot system now
    -usb-ms toggle
    -backup/restore
    -Flash zip from sdcard
    -wipe
    -partition sdcard
    -other
    -power off

now, ive tried flashing the zip from sd card and that is when i get the error similar to "thatguy88" and mine reads:

Instal from sdcard...
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Verifying update package...
    E: No signature (208 files)
    E: verification failed

Installation aborted.

Can someone PLEASE help me...I really just want to enjoy this phone and wanted it rooted but not impossible to update...=/ any help is appreciated!

You named your file wrong or it isn't in the root of the ad card. Root meaning the sd. Card main or first screen. If you are on windows name the file update. If on anything else name it update.zip
    Quote Originally Posted by herro10 View Post
    my case is somewhat similar to what "thatguy88" originally had however mine is a bit different. i bought my phone from someone on craigslist who said he had used this site to root his phone: Video: How to unlock and root a Nexus One Android and Me

so my problem is that i follow all the posted directions on how to apply the update to a rooted phone, but when i hit "recovery" and enter recovery mode i NEVER see the "Android and swoosh icon" instead it has the four colored "X" in the middle of the screen and a lock at the bottom of the screen and then proceeds to enter into "Android system recovery" where my options are:

-reboot system now
    -usb-ms toggle
    -backup/restore
    -Flash zip from sdcard
    -wipe
    -partition sdcard
    -other
    -power off

now, ive tried flashing the zip from sd card and that is when i get the error similar to "thatguy88" and mine reads:

Instal from sdcard...
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Verifying update package...
    E: No signature (208 files)
    E: verification failed

Installation aborted.

Can someone PLEASE help me...I really just want to enjoy this phone and wanted it rooted but not impossible to update...=/ any help is appreciated!

I named the sd card according the instructions, and tried it both on my mac and a pc in windows xp probably 20 times and it didnt work. i think (if you look at the link of the rooting process on the android and me site) it appears the recovery file was changed....i even contacted the guy i bought it from and he said he tried "clear storage" and that did not make it unroot.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    I named the sd card according the instructions, and tried it both on my mac and a pc in windows xp probably 20 times and it didnt work. i think (if you look at the link of the rooting process on the android and me site) it appears the recovery file was changed....i even contacted the guy i bought it from and he said he tried "clear storage" and that did not make it unroot.
    Start from scratch: d/l it directly to the phone, move it to SD root if it went to another folder, rename the zip to 'update zip', THEN try the usual steps.
    haha okay im going for it now! i pray this works!

Non-US Nexus owners might bump into the same problem I had where there's no Internet connectivity. If so, see here:
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...lways-off.html

Very happy with the update, and glad to experience using the bootloader etc. That takes me one step closer to the experience of rooting the phone for the time I will need to root it!

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Start from scratch: d/l it directly to the phone, move it to SD root if it went to another folder, rename the zip to 'update zip', THEN try the usual steps.
    okay i just tried it two more times and it didnt work...i know I am not doing anything wrong in terms of the steps, i just never get that screen with the android, it has the X and then goes straight to what i said before....also, when i hit bootloader, and then it goes to the menu where i can select "recovery" before i can move up or down to select it quickly flashes something like No image! or wrong image! or something of that nature, it goes so fast you can barely see it. a split second later i am able to select fastboot, recovery, etc...
    *edit*

it says "reading SD card" before it says no image!

tried the manual update and it works flawlessly!

also confirm here, updated my N1 manually using this SD card procedure :-)

I tried the manual update, and the only issue encountered so far was that when I ran Wapedia (Wikipedia access), it came up in a non-english language. Changing settings made no difference, so I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Works fine now.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links