So how do you play music from the phone in a car?

This is a discussion on So how do you play music from the phone in a car? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I used to play my Ipod touch in my car and I use the same Aux cord on my Nexus One......I play my Stored Music, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So how do you play music from the phone in a car?

I used to play my Ipod touch in my car and I use the same Aux cord on my Nexus One......I play my Stored Music, Pandora, and Last FM through my car stereo with no problem, I keep the media volume on the phone at mid level, and control the car volume from my stereo....The only thing is that If I get a phone call and I have the stereo up loud it will scare the Sh!t out of me sometimes LOL

FM transmitters sound quality wise...arent that great.

Another option is to get a car stereo deck with bluetooth ready. I have a sony mex bt3700deckand the sound quality is great, near cd quality. The best part about bluetooth deck is that you can fast forward/rewind/next song/pause straight from the deck without touching the phone. And some take voice calls too.

wmm
    I bought this one. It actually sounds pretty good -- better than I would have expected -- playing Pandora as I drive around. For $8, it's worth giving it a shot if you don't have an auxiliary input or cassette deck.

Quote Originally Posted by wmm View Post
    I bought this one. It actually sounds pretty good -- better than I would have expected -- playing Pandora as I drive around. For $8, it's worth giving it a shot if you don't have an auxiliary input or cassette deck.
    I think I may try this one out... I have been looking for something wireless and I'm not looking to shell out a considerable amount of money. I was looking at the Satechi transmitter for the iPhone and the Nexus definitely needs something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by fabkebab View Post
    As an audiophile I would reccomend not bothering with the FM transmitter.
    Not only does it drain batteries quickly, it also doesnt produce the audio quality that a direct input does.

Most cars have an AUX input, and if they dont have that they might have a casette input (like mine) that can be fed with a dummy cassette with a wire that goes to my phone

The only drawback for the nexus one is that you need to be careful - the output jack from the nexus has some sort of powered third line which I believe is associated with the controls on the headphones (so the three channels are right, left, power) - so when you plug in the jack in makes a loud bang as the powered line goes into the speaker. I try to pause the nexus before pluggin in the jack, but I keep forgetting and I dont know how many more "mistakes" my speakers will take!
    I think that may be a problem with the cassette adapter, or maybe a ground loop problem?

I've never run across an aux jack that didn't work with any audio device. I don't have an iphone/touch, but my blackberry has a set of headphones with phone/playback controls just like my n1, and it works just like any other audio device if using a standard 3.5mm cable.

Have you tried just plugging up a standard 3.5mm cable? The sound quality of FM transmitters isn't that great.

Quote Originally Posted by number 9 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fabkebab View Post
    As an audiophile I would reccomend not bothering with the FM transmitter.
    Not only does it drain batteries quickly, it also doesnt produce the audio quality that a direct input does.

Most cars have an AUX input, and if they dont have that they might have a casette input (like mine) that can be fed with a dummy cassette with a wire that goes to my phone

The only drawback for the nexus one is that you need to be careful - the output jack from the nexus has some sort of powered third line which I believe is associated with the controls on the headphones (so the three channels are right, left, power) - so when you plug in the jack in makes a loud bang as the powered line goes into the speaker. I try to pause the nexus before pluggin in the jack, but I keep forgetting and I dont know how many more "mistakes" my speakers will take!
    I think that may be a problem with the cassette adapter, or maybe a ground loop problem?

I've never run across an aux jack that didn't work with any audio device. I don't have an iphone/touch, but my blackberry has a set of headphones with phone/playback controls just like my n1, and it works just like any other audio device if using a standard 3.5mm cable.

Have you tried just plugging up a standard 3.5mm cable? The sound quality of FM transmitters isn't that great.
    You might be right, but the nexus 3.5mm jack has an extra channel on it (it isnt a pure stereo cable, if you look at the headphones supplied with the Nexus you can see an extra black ring on the jack -
    I normally use my Ipod in the car and it has worked great for years - so I dont think there is any problem with the tape adaptor or any external effect - makes me wonder if the phone doesnt have some problem (if nobody else is seeing it?)

I have a aux input on the front of my deck and use a 3.5 cord to connect and can say that it does make a loud noise when being plugged in. I also have had other phones plugged in that way and it does the same thing too.

Quote Originally Posted by sssjetson View Post
    FM transmitters sound quality wise...arent that great.

Another option is to get a car stereo deck with bluetooth ready. I have a sony mex bt3700deckand the sound quality is great, near cd quality. The best part about bluetooth deck is that you can fast forward/rewind/next song/pause straight from the deck without touching the phone. And some take voice calls too.
    I definitely agree... this is the best way to stream the media from the N1 to the stereo of your car. I'm also using a JVC car stereo deck with bluetooth ready and once the phone is paired.. you're able to receive incoming/make outgoing calls/play media without any wires connected to the phone since the phone is connected thru bluetooth... the only thing you have to do is change source to "bluetooth" from your car deck.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Advanced-System-Transmitter-Charger-ANDROID/dp/B002UKTABI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1268121077&sr =8-2]Amazon.com: Advanced Car Mount System FM Transmitter & Charger for ANDROID Phones - HTC, Google, T-Mobile, Motorola, Samsung: Electronics[/ame]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links