So how do you play music from the phone in a car?

This is a discussion on So how do you play music from the phone in a car? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I've read about FM transmitters, but does anyone know of any specific brands to look at or anything else that might work?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So how do you play music from the phone in a car?

So how do you play music from the phone in a car?

I've read about FM transmitters, but does anyone know of any specific brands to look at or anything else that might work?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Yeah there is, but I was looking for a way through maybe the AUX input. Any suggestions?

Nah, it's a cigarette lighter type of outlet.

The AUX output I'm referring to is in this pic, the one on the right, exact opposite of the cigarette lighter outlet.

Well actually that's still not what I'm referring to, I just googled a pic of the same model radio I have... I'm talking about that open, cigarette type outlet on the right side, exact opposite of the actual cigarette lighter, that's my AUX outlet in my truck.

Alright, I'll do some more searching on this... Thanks man.

Okay, I may have found something that could work...

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Transmitter-Internet-Vehicle-integrated/dp/B002WCKI60]Amazon.com: Motorola DROID FM Transmitter / Internet Music Vehicle Adapter with integrated Car Charger - Gomadic Brand w/ TipExchange Technology: Electronics[/ame]

This is for the Motorola Droid, but since the Droid and Nexus both share micro USB outputs, I reckon it may work??? :confused:

mah
    I do not believe that outlet looking like a cig lighter is an audio aux input port, I believe its just a power port (for aux devices).

Most likely you just need to run a cable between the N1's headphone out and your stereo's aux input, which is likely that "iPod port" in the picture. Radio Shack will probably have the right cable for you.

Quote Originally Posted by mah View Post
    I do not believe that outlet looking like a cig lighter is an audio aux input port, I believe its just a power port (for aux devices).

Most likely you just need to run a cable between the N1's headphone out and your stereo's aux input, which is likely that "iPod port" in the picture. Radio Shack will probably have the right cable for you.
    I think you are completely correct here. That "AUX" outlet is just a power port for radar detectors, phone chargers, etc.

As an audiophile I would reccomend not bothering with the FM transmitter.
    Not only does it drain batteries quickly, it also doesnt produce the audio quality that a direct input does.

Most cars have an AUX input, and if they dont have that they might have a casette input (like mine) that can be fed with a dummy cassette with a wire that goes to my phone

The only drawback for the nexus one is that you need to be careful - the output jack from the nexus has some sort of powered third line which I believe is associated with the controls on the headphones (so the three channels are right, left, power) - so when you plug in the jack in makes a loud bang as the powered line goes into the speaker. I try to pause the nexus before pluggin in the jack, but I keep forgetting and I dont know how many more "mistakes" my speakers will take!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links