trackball question

This is a discussion on trackball question within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I wonder how to change trackball sensitivity. I wish it is little bit more sensitive than current setting....

Thread: trackball question

trackball question

I wonder how to change trackball sensitivity. I wish it is little bit more sensitive than current setting.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I don't know how long you've had the phone, but I felt the same as you, but now I have grown accustomed to it I find I can use it much better.

I had it since January 7th.. so almost a month. I still can't get used to with it even though I use it more often than i thought i would ever be.

If rooting is required then no thanks. I'll try to get used to with current sensitivity.

wmm
    It's funny. When I'm using the trackball to move the cursor through text I am entering, it seems like I'm spinning it forever to move it a few characters. In the browser, though, using it to move from link to link, I find that it's too sensitive: it's a real challenge to get the highlight to stop on the right link.

I wish there were a way of adjusting the sensitivity, too, but it would apparently need to be a per-application setting.

this thing has a trackball? i just poke the glass. I think i have used my trackball twice. i came to the Nexus from the Sidekick family (SK3-SKLX-SKLX09) where everything was done with the trackball. Its nice to get away from the trackball finally.

Well, since we can't really look at a Nexus in stores.. is it me or is the trackball a little loose? Maybe it's supposed to move really easily. I just assumed it would have a little resistance when moving it.

Quote Originally Posted by ericc191 View Post
    Well, since we can't really look at a Nexus in stores.. is it me or is the trackball a little loose? Maybe it's supposed to move really easily. I just assumed it would have a little resistance when moving it.
    Mine doesn't feel loose, but it does glide easily. It reminds me of my first time using a mouse ... I couldn't imagine why anyone would want to use one. I'm adjusting to the trackball with time and getting more coordinated. I find using a slight pressure while moving it helps me gain more control.

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ericc191 View Post
    Mine doesn't feel loose, but it does glide easily. It reminds me of my first time using a mouse ... I couldn't imagine why anyone would want to use one. I'm adjusting to the trackball with time and getting more coordinated. I find using a slight pressure while moving it helps me gain more control.
    Okay, it's probably just me. I've never used a trackball besides the N1's. Thanks for the tip.

I find the key is to be a little rough with it. Like an old pair of shoes it responds well to a heavy touch.

Becoming more and more useful [the trackball that is, not the shoes].

yes me too. slowly adjusting myself to trackball.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links